Friday, December 30, 2016

What crafting things have I been doing???

Hello Friends,
After a long break, I am back to blogging!  I was busy during the break, with lots of crafting but also every day stuff too!  I realized when I came to write this blog, I hadn't taken as many photos of my crafting projects that I had done as I thought?!  So I only have a few to share, but I was creating a lot during this time!!  

I found felt!!!!  And I fell in LOVE with crafting with felt!!!!  This was one of the first "projects" I did with my felt.  I am obsessed with felt and stitching dies.  I found some great ones at Simon Says Stamp and Papertrey Ink.  While you can use any framelit to cut out felt (remember to use 100% wool felt), the stitching dies makes it very easy to sew them since they cut sewing holes in the cutouts already!  

My youngest even wanted to sew!  He did a great job!  He's 10 so even young kids can create some fun projects!
I made scissor keepers for some of my girlfriends out of felt.  That die came from PTI.  I made felt keychains as well, also from PTI.  They were fun gifts to make, and I made them using their favorite colors and added their initial on them!  Super fun!!!


I also made TONS of card kits for gifts.  This was one set that I made.  I did some as monogrammed cards for teachers and friends. I have a picture later of some religious ones I did as well.  I boxed up 6-8 cards per set.  I left the insides blank so they could jot a quick note to someone.  I hope the teachers find them useful!


Back to felt again: I made a door hanger, with bells.  I love this color combo.  Awful picture here....but the grey and cream with bright blue thread was stunning. 


Better picture of it on a door.  I'm still learning; on the next one I would add a piece at the end.  But this was one of my favorite projects.  Debating if I will make this as  teacher gifts for next year!


This is one of the religious cards that I made.  I boxed up a set of these as well using several different quotes.  I love how they turned out.  

Once again, an awful picture quality but I had been waiting for this cute ninja stamp set to be released from Simon Says Stamp.  I ordered it as soon as I could....ADORABLE!!!  These were some cards I made for a card set.  I used one of the new 3d embossing folders.  Those are fantastic!!!!   Great dimension!  

Here's another card from that set.  Just fun!!!

I also did TONS of crafting reorganization. I have been slowly taking over my kids playroom as my craft room.  It has become more storage for their stuff than an actual room they use.  I am now using it full time!  I replaced the light in the room, which I now have better lighting for pictures!!! (for future pictures!)  I reorganized my paper storage and bought the paper holder storage containers form Stamp n Storage.  LOVE them!!!!  Then I HAD to reorganize my growing collection of ink pads.  I bought SEVERAL holders from Stamp n Storage to store them.  I LOVE them.  Best of all, my ink pads are now easy to see, easy to grab, and right beside my desk!  I originally wanted the refill/pad storage units but I found that I could get more pad storage in my area if I stored my refills a different way.  It just made more sense for me, to get the pad storage only, and have more room...for more ink.......LOL!!!
I have reorganized my scrap paper storage.  I will do another post on this soon.  I finally found a system that works for me and I can get the most use out of my scraps!  
I created a big shot ikea cart, to make my Big Shot easier to use.  LOVING that!!!  I'll take pictures soon!
I'm debating on marker storage now.  But haven't figured out IF I have room to reorganize it or just leave it as is for now.  More update later!
So crafting wise I have been busy!  Unfortunately I think I was enjoying crafting so much, I didn't even think to take some pictures of the projects.  Something I will get back into the groove of doing for future blog posts.  I was also busy with the boys and the holidays.  I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and a wonderful Christmas.  I'll also pass on good wishes for 2017!!!
I hope to do more blogging again.  I will try and do a post soon of all my crafting organization for you to see.
What projects did you create for the holiday season? Crafting? Cooking?  Anything?  Share!!!!
Thanks for stopping by!  And I'll see you again soon!!
Michelle







1 comment:

  1. I love my scissor holder and keyfob. It is proudly displayed as a purse charm on my MK bag :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...