Saturday, June 11, 2016

Splatter Happy Father's Day Card with Bella and Friends Stamp set

It's Father's Day card time.  I wanted to use some of my new Stampin' Up stamp sets out of the new catalog.  Bella and Friends was one of my favorite stamp sets from the catalog, who doesn't like cute puppies?? 

This stamp set was perfect to use for Father's Day! We have two Cavalier King Charles Spaniels that adore my husband. Here they are:


I used my misti to line up the Happy Father's Day sentiment perfectly!  This stamp set is from the Guy Greetings set. The colors for this card was from the ColourQ challenge:



I stamped the sentiment in Basic Grey ink along with the puppy in the Bella & Friends stamp set.
I used Bermuda Bay, Soft Suede and Marina Mist on this card for the card challenge.
I also used the theme of Father's Day from:

This is the one layer card challenge from Less is More, one of my favorites:
This week's theme was splatters.  I LOVE splatters and keep my Gorgeous Grunge stamp set on my desk since I use it so much.

I did this card on water color paper so I took my aqua painter and added some smears, I loved seeing the ink blend and mix. I didn't want to mix all the splatters and make the card "muddy" looking, so I had to be careful where to use my aqua painter.  








I wanted to do something on the inside of the card, so I added this image from Marquee Messages on the inside, also done with my Misti.  My kids are excited to give this card to their dad.


Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check out the other cards in the challenges.
Michelle!!!



SaveSave Product List

9 comments:

  1. Great watercolouring! The background has such interest and a textured feeling. Your dogs are absolutely gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The dogs are spoiled rotten!!! They go to work with us everyday, and then back home.....the LIFE of a dog!!! ;)

      Delete
  2. Your ink splatter and watercoloring are lovely, Michelle! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Father’s Day/For a Guy” Challenge! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that cute little puppy. Your splattering is super fun. Great Father's Day Card. Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A super cute card and looks like you had a lot of fun with your splattering. A great technique and design and thanks for sharing at Less is More this week. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The MISTI really is a great tool isn't it Michelle!
    Love the splatters, but we do like to see a little white space remaining within the design!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your watercolouring and splatter are fabulous. Thank you for sharing with us at the colourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So simple and so pretty. Clint will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect design for a guy, love the arty feel and those colours are great for this type of card.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...