Thursday, May 5, 2016

Making Your Own Background Paper- A Flag Football Layout

Every once in awhile, I get an idea....I'm not sure if it is going to turn out well until I am almost finished with it.  This was one of those times.  I didn't have any sports paper in my stash.  I wanted to use the school colors on this layout (green, black and white).  I decided to start stamping and making my own background paper.



When I started, I started with the spiral stamp set, and kept adding until I got enough of a pattern I liked, adding stamps as I went.  


This is where I got INKY!!!  I kept adding distressing stamps, in with my word stamps, I kept building to the background.  I really like how it turned out.  I have a good stash of designer series paper but I didn't have any sports paper left, what better than to make my own sports paper in the exact color combination I needed! It was a good way to get INKY and use those stamps!!!  I have said this before, I own a lot of stamps.....BECAUSE:
I don't buy a lot of embellishments that I can use one time and they are gone.  I buy some stickers for titles, I will buy buttons or clips, ribbon, brads, things of that nature.  I don't buy stickers as accents, I make my own with my stamps!  In the end, I think it saves me money.  I have something I can use over and over.  If I get tired of the stamp set, I can simply resell it.  Retired Stampin' Up stamps often sell well.  I feel like stamps are the best way for me to spend my crafting dollars. 


I even used my fringe scissors for this layout!











I have had this stamp set for awhile, and I love the cheerleader.  But with three boys, I didn't think I would get to use it much.  It was fun to ink it up as an embellishment using my framelits to cut it out and dimensionals to pop it up.


Have you ever made your own background paper?  I think this is something I am going to do more often!!!  
Thanks for stopping by!
Michelle
Product List

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe this is not a "real" background paper! It's absolutely awesome! Perfect! Great job! The layout is wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...