Friday, May 6, 2016

Lawn Fawn Scrapbook Layout & Rooting for You

Today I am sharing something a little bit odd, my pre work.  When I want to use a new stamp set to create an image, I use a test sheet: a scrap of Whispering White cardstock big enough that I can stamp multiple times on it. The reason is, I might have an idea in my head of what the image should look like, but maybe not a clear idea of what color ink I should use.  I make my sheet big enough so I have room for my first drafts.....second, third...sometimes even fourth attempts!
You can see on my sheet below, I was trying to stamp the image of the turnip, but not quite sure what ink would work best.  Since I was going to die cut these images out with my matching framelits, none of my "drafts" matter to the end product.  I also do this when coloring images.  I might not be sure of the exact shade I want to use, I leave a space to scribble a bit to test colors.  


You can see my multiple tries here.  Not quite the color......





I used these stamp set from Lawn Fawn, Rooting for you.  Normally I would use these stamps for a card.  I really wanted to try and use them on a layout.  This is one of the layouts in the mini album I am doing for my son.  It has tons of pictures of his school stuff in it, I wanted to scrap them, but not put them in a big family album.  This mini album is perfect but as I am working on it, I am finding tons of sports pictures of my son.  After awhile, I have gotten tired of my sports stamps, so I got creative!!!



I am sorry for the bad lighting, I worked on this in the evening and it has been rainy and cloudy for the last two nights.


I loved this little set of veggies!!! With their sweet little faces!  Not sports related, but the sentiment worked perfectly tying it into the layout!  


This is an 8X8 album so you can't add to much to the layouts.  Also I am trying to keep this book as flat as possible since I have so many pictures to get into it.  Using my stamps has helped me create layouts without bulk.


Aren't those the cutest veggies??
Thanks for stopping by!
Michelle

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...