Friday, April 29, 2016

Stamping on Your Designer Series Paper- That Thing You Did Stamp set

Happy Friday!!  We made it through another work week.  I've had to open at work, so getting up at 5:30am, I've been to tired this week to work on much crafts. I'm looking forward to a nice Saturday of crafts and laundry.  Well, not the laundry part, but unless I wanna craft in my underwear, laundry will be done!  ;)
I'm posting this layout today because I often get packs of Designer Series Paper, I love most of the designs but not all of them.  Give those pages another look!  When you have some good texture stamps, you can add some dimension and interest to those pages and actually use them.  Time to get INKY!!!



This is a pretty basic layout.  The paper was left in my Designer Series paper pack, it was kinda blah for me.  But when I stamped on it with some stamps from my Gorgeous Grunge stamp set, the paper became more my style. Mixing stamping on patterned paper can be really fun and interesting.  I saw someone on pinterest that was really good at using background stamps with patterned paper.  Of course, I forgot who that talented stamper was but they inspired me!   Some good stamp sets are Gorgeous Grunge (which is STAYING with us in the new catalog out in June) and Timeless Textures,  and for some brushstrokes, Work of Art.   I have scanned the new catalog, and happy to announce there are going to be some GREAT textures stamps coming out.  I keep these type of stamps on my working table.  I use them again over and over.  










One of my favorite ways to scrapbook, use stamps themselves for your titles on your pages!!!  This one was perfect.  It reminded me of the Chips tv show.  I loved these pictures, it isn't often my son lets me take pictures of him but when he is hamming it up and being silly, I get to sneak them in!!!






I hope you try stamping on some of that designer series paper you have hoarded....wait... maybe that's just me....;)
Thanks for stopping by!
Michelle
Product List

3 comments:

  1. Very creative design. Love how you used the buttons.
    Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love that border! Very fun! Makes me want to do it :) Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love that border! Very fun! Makes me want to do it :) Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...