Sunday, April 17, 2016

Mini Project Life Project- using tons of stamps

I have been slowly going through my craft stuff and reorganizing it.  During my organization, I have found stuff I forgot I had....yes, it happens when you hoard....I mean, collect craft supplies.  I found some 8X8 We R Memory Keeper albums that I bought from Target on clearance.  I was organizing pictures and found a big set of school pictures from my oldest son.  Lots of random pictures that are nice but don't fit into my big scrap books.  I realized these mini PL albums would be perfect for these school pictures.  A new project began!!!!  


My biggest challenge with this project is that I need to keep the pages as flat as I can because I want to put a lot of  pictures in this album.  Since I couldn't use a lot of embellishments, I decided to add interest to the pages using my stamps!  PERFECT!!!  I love using stamps and getting inky!!!  And it's a great way for me to use some of my lesser used stamps!  I challenged myself to use as many as I could!  Inky game ON!!!  

I sometimes find the spots on the PL pages can be odd to use.  I have to get creative.  The thin strip along the side was great for a title.  The title was all done with stamps!  





I got out those alphabet stamps and got them inky for some titles.
I used a combination of PL cards and matching cardstock.  




I loved the way this strip turned out.  Team spirit!




Matching ink on PL cards makes it easy to stamp on the cards, adding my son's jersey number.


Sorry about the odd angles of pictures- PL pages are hard to photograph because the cards have to be in their pages, but the pages reflect light.  


I even used some punches on the cards.  Great way to make some embellies!


PL cards are fun to use but they don't always work for every picture.  I found that covering up the items on the card that doesn't work is a good trick, the large green heart is covering up an element I didn't need, but loved the PLAY word on the card.




One of the challenges I found with this mini book was that all the pockets are horizontal.  I had to get creative when I had a photo that couldn't be cropped.  Cutting the photo and running it between two pockets worked. 

I even added some strips of glitter paper, because glitter paper is awesome! I literally hoard every piece of glitter paper I get.  I keep all my scraps because you never know when you can use just a little piece.  Both of these strips were cut from a scrap piece. 





I mismatched all types of stamp so far.  Having the best time!  I am enjoying this project so far.  Stay tuned for more pictures of this project.  

Leave me a comment: do you like to do Project Life books?  Have you tried the mini Project Life books?  What did you scrap in them?
Thanks for stopping by!
Michelle
Product List

2 comments:

  1. I love what you are doing with these albums! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great so far. I'm so excited that you cut a picture across the pages. Yay!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...