Monday, April 25, 2016

Batman Scrapbooking Layout with Calling All Heros Stamp set


Have you ever bought a stamp set and then thought: "how the heck do I use this set?".  Calling All Heros was that stamp set for me.  I thought it was cute, ordered it.  I have three boys, certainly I can find a use for this set right?  
It sat uninked, unloved, and I was very confused how to use this stamp set.  Maybe it was "create the faces" part that threw me.  
I went to my friend's house for a weekend of scrapbooking.  We were talking about the new Stampin' Up catalog coming up, and retiring stamp sets.  Calling All Heros came up.  I said I just didn't know how to use that stamp set.  She was surprised.  She loved it.  So it got me inspired, maybe I needed to give it some ink and try.  As soon as I saw this picture of my son, I knew I had to try and use Calling All Heros on my layout.  I got out a sheet of Whispering White paper, and some basic black ink and started stamping, just for fun, to see how all the pieces fit together.  And surprisingly....I had the BEST time creating these "heroes".   After playing with the Heros, I had to use them all on my layout!



You can mix and match  the hair, the face/mask, and lips.  So much fun to play!


I wanted to put a title on this page, but really wanted the Hero faces to be the focus so I wrote it in a Chalk pen.  



This is one of my favorites: I love the glasses and the goatee.  


Has anyone watched the new Star Wars Rebel cartoon? The one with the pointy glasses looks like the monkey/weird guy on there.  Random huh?  LOL













This one was my favorite so I put him near the picture of my son.  


I stamped the bottom of the layout from that stamp set also, in silver ink.







So I guess my lesson to myself was to try out the stamps before I say: I don't know how to use them.  Ink them up and play with them, so if you get stuck on a stamp set, I bet an idea will come to you, just like it did me!!
Thanks for stopping by!
Michelle!!!


Product List

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you waited but, in the end, you put the set to good use, and the result is awesome! Great lo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! That's really awesome and super fun! I really love it - your son will love that when he gets older!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...