Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Dooney and Bourke Pebbled Leather Domed Satchel Review- Things I LOVE!

My blog followers know that I enjoy sharing my "finds", or Things I Love with my readers.  And my readers also know my love for crafting but also my love for handbags!!!!  Okay, I said it, I LOVE BAGS!!!!  
Today I am sharing my review for the Dooney and Bourke Pebbled Leather Domed Satchel.  I got this satchel on QVC, I think the retail price is $362.  
This bag first caught my eye because of the beautiful trim and the leather handles and the belting.  Very pretty.  The hardest part for me was deciding what color to get.  I decided on the Aubergine.  It was kinda sight unseen because I couldn't find a video showing the color.  Not sure if this is a newer color or a really old color, either way, I could only use my computer and often computer screen vary on colors.   I am very pleased with the color.  It is supposed to an eggplant color.  Pretty.  It appears lighter in the light but is a nice deep rich purple.  

To me the belting around this bag really sets it off and the side tassels are pretty as well done in the same trim.  I like this trim better than the natural trim on some Dooney bags.  But it is a personal preference. 


The zipper pull is also in the same trim and nice and long.  It makes it comfortable to get in and out of the bag.

I love the key holder.  It makes finding my keys a breeze!

The inside is the normal red material that Dooney has inside their bags.  It has one zip pocket and a slip pocket on one side.  The other side has two slip pockets.  
The bag from QVC came with an accessories bag.  I like the wrist strap.  It does not fit my iPhone 6, it is to small but it is a cute little accessory bag.  I could easily fit some money and credit cards in it for a quick trip to the store. 


I would call this a medium sized bag.  It can get a little heavy when I load it but it does have the handles and a shoulder strap.  I always love two ways to carry a bag!
It does have a back pocket.  If there are any negatives about this bag, it is this pocket.  It is quite small and narrow.  Even though I have small hands, I find it awkward to access it.  I don't use the pocket.  I could see keys would be able to fit in it, but the key fob is easier to use.  To me, this pocket is useless in normal everyday life.   I could see movie tickets fitting in that pocket, but other than very small items, not much use for it.  Overall, not a huge thing, this is the only negative I found with the bag.

The bag has feet on the bottom, not pictured here. I am loving this bag.  I have gotten a lot of compliments on this bag.  
Thanks for stopping by!
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...