Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Got some seasonal paper left and don't know what to do with it? Check out this post!!!

Do you ever buy holiday Designer Series Paper, scrap some layouts, and then have lots of the DSP still left over?  Your done using it for your holiday pictures, now what?  Flip that paper over, often on Stampin' Up DSP papers, the other side of the paper will work for other layouts!  This DSP is the Montley Monsters DSP from last Holiday catalog.  I loved the paper for Halloween.  I used it and then stuck it back in my hoard, I mean collection.  I took it out when I was scrapping and realized the other side of the paper had great colors and patterns on it!  And my regular layout using Halloween paper began!!! 
Dig through your DSP collection, turn those papers over and give them another look!  You might get several more layouts from holiday paper than you expected!


  Candy dots.  I love candy dots!!  I got this idea from a sketch on pinterest, I don't remember what the sketch showed at the bottom but candy dots popped into my head.  Think I used enough??!!!!  ;)



Using stamps directly on the page!  I loved the flourish and Cherish for the title!


To make placing the candy dots more precise, I used my paper piercer to lift the candy dots off the sheet and place them on my layout.




My sweet boy!!!!



I got to use up some buttons I had in my stash.  I love how the paper piecing adds another dimension to the layout- best of all- it's a cheap way to add interest to your layouts!









This was a fun layout for me.  I enjoyed using up items in my stash, thinking outside the box, using Halloween DSP for normal pictures.  I LOVE the wood grain paper- I think I need a pack of just wood grain, in lots of shades!
Thanks for stopping by!
Michelle

1 comment:

  1. So cute. Love using the backs of my DSPs. A lot of times I actually like the backs better then the big patterns on the front.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...