Saturday, July 18, 2015

Godspeed- For Your Country card

Here is another card for my monthly goal of Honoring Our Nation's Heroes.  This one was designed using a sketch from:





I stamped this card using my MISTI.  I have other posts talking about  the MISIT.  I simply love it!!  I have found that I am using on almost all my stamping projects now.  It really made stamping the GODSPEED around the image easy.  


This image is from For Your Country stamp set.  I really love this stamp set.  Great images.  When I bought this stamp set, I wasn't sure how much I would use it.  I'm glad I am inking it up!  


I'll let you in on a secret.  I couldn't get the Godspeed to work out perfectly- so the button- was a great way to hide my overlap of words!  But is it really an "error".....nope, just a chance to embellish!!!!  


The inside sentiment is from the new stamp set Words of Truth from Stampin' Up.  I loved this set when I saw it in the new catty.  It went on my first order.  It has some great sentiments that I will use in cards, like this one, and in my scrapbooking. 


This card is one in a set that I am giving to a friend that has a son that just enlisted.  I hope these cards capture what she wants to say!  One mom to another, I think she will be very happy to send him these cards whenever she is feeling lonely!


I always like to stamp the back of my cards in coordinating ink color.  I used Soft Suede on this card so my back stamp was stamped using the same ink.



Thanks for stopping by and thanks to all those you have chosen to serve!
Michelle

Product List

2 comments:

  1. What a great card for a mama to send - great job! I just got this set finally myself - love the inspiration! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...