Saturday, July 18, 2015

For Our Nation's Hero- Card Honoring Those That Serve- For Your Country




Today I am sharing one of the cards in a set that I am doing this month.  With the Fourth of July this month, the tragic Chattanooga, Tennessee shooting, I thought this was a good time to dig out my Stampin' Up For Your Country stamp set and give it some ink.  This card was done using a sketch from:

I really like the simplicity of this sketch.  I think it fit the card theme well.  

I kept the colors simple as well using just Tip Top Taupe, Always Artichoke, and Pear Pizzazz and keeping the base white.  I used the new thicker Whispering White card stock for the base.  It is great!  I am really enjoying it.  

I used my new 2" circle punch.  I was happy to see another circle punch size, there was such a gap before.  I think the 2" bridges that gap in punches.


This is really my favorite image from the stamp set.  I was surprised how clean and crisp the beading on the dog tag necklace came out.  


The inside sentiment was perfect: this card set is for a good friend of mine whose son has just enlisted.  I know she is awfully worried about him and missing him.  I wanted to make her some cards to send him at basic training, and also for when he is assigned after basic training.  I hope she can jot a quick note to him and send it in a special card!  Isn't that what making cards is all about?  I kept this card simple, not a lot of embellishments and also nothing glittery- keeping our men and women safe while they serve! Please keep that in mind when you send anything to our servicemen!  
Thanks for stopping by today.  
Michelle




Product List

5 comments:

  1. Love love love. What a great idea for a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a thoughtful gift for your friend. I'm sure she will get great comfort sending these to her son and likewise he will appreciate receiving them. I'm so glad our sketch worked so well for your design. Thanks for sharing this with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous card, beautifully done, simple but with a great impact. I make cards for Operation Write Home, an organization that sends boxes of handmade cards to our Heroes overseas so they can send them to their families and friends back home.
    Thank you for sharing, and that stamp set is amazing, I'm going to get it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect colour combo for this card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful card with wonderful images! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...