Monday, July 20, 2015

6X6 Card- Using the MISTI


This was a fun card to do.  It is a 6X6 card.  I made this card for a friend whose son is in basic training.  I am sure she will be sending care packages to him soon, and she can stick this card in there with a note for him.  
I used a sketch for this card from:


I love using sketches for my cards.  I often start a card by looking through my stamps that I want to use.  All my stamps are kept inventoried in Evernote- search my blog for more information about my Evernote Stamp Index.  I find a couple of stamps that fit my theme of the card I have in mind to do.  I pull them out and sit them on my working table.  Then I surf through my pinterest sketches or card challenges to find a sketch or a color combo that I want to use.  Normally a sketch kicks off an idea for me with the stamps I pulled out.  And off I go to create.  For me, this sketch was all about the sentiments- on the 3 1/2" card piece- I wanted to add the sentiments from Words of Truth stamp set.  More on that in a bit!



My pictures got out of order so I'll so you the inside first.  This was another sentiment in the Words of Truth stamp set.  I just thought it was funny, especially for a boy, since they LOVE to eat!!!!


The background was done using all sentiments from the Words of Truth stamp set.  I really like this stamp set, some of the sentiments will be used a lot, especially in my scrapbooking.  I used my MISTI to stamp the sentiments.  There is no way I could have done this using my normal clear blocks....I tried and scrapped that attempt.  The MISTI really does make it easy to stamp where you want!  It was probably the best stamping money I have spent yet!  




It's so hard to create a card without including Gorgeous Grunge in the mix!  I just love this stamp set!




The main image here is from the Words by Wilson stamp set.  This is an old stamp set.  I love it though.  Normally I wouldn't use such a small image as the focus of the card, but to me, the focus of this card is the sentiments.  The tank was a nice added extra.  Do you keep old stamps?  Or always have the newest stamp out?  I save all my boyish stamp sets because I get so much use out of them.  And some stamp sets I just can't get rid of.  Christmas stamps are so pretty, I save tons of those.  What type of stamps do you "save" the most?




Thanks for visiting!
Michelle

Product List

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...