Thursday, June 4, 2015

What can I call this layout? SCRAPS!!! Using scraps on a ConExpo layout

I can honestly say this layout was made of entirely scraps.  The way I store my DSP: http://3monkeysthrowingaroundsomepaper.blogspot.com/2013/08/do-you-hoard-your-designer-series-paper.html , allows me to keep all my scraps from DSP packs together.  When I finish a project I throw in my left over scraps into the paper file. My scraps will include the DSP and also sometimes matching card stock that I used as well.  Those scraps go into the paper file! As I do more projects, I use those scraps when they work for me.  This layout was done at the end of this DSP pack.  I had a couple of scraps of patterned paper, several shapes that you see: circles, the negative of the star cutout, and the notebook cutout- all left over in my paper file.  I challenged myself to use them up!

The only full piece of card stock I used was the base of crumb cake. 

Next time you look through your stamps, look and see how many of your stamps would make good titles for scrapbook pages!  I bet you will find a few!!!  This is my favorite way to use stamps!  I love this stamp!!!!  I love that is a little bit sassy!  This stamp set, Big News, carried over to the new catalog!

This embellishment was made with 100% leftover pieces.  The star negative was a leftover cut out piece from other project.  The button was made using the Stampin' Up molds and the clay using reinker to dye the clay.  The button was made for another project but not used.  I really liked the clay and the clay molds we had last catalog.  I did find that I needed to make the buttons or flowers ahead of time.  Dying the clay with reinker worked well but it was messy and the clay needs time to dry.  But a day of making clay button and flowers was fun too!!!!  

This crazy notebook die was left over from other project- I thought it was a good layer for behind the photo. The circle punches were left over and used on this layout.  Also the ribbon at the bottom was a scrap I had.  It feels good to use the "last" of a DSP pack or a kit.  I was happy to get another layout  out of my scraps!  I liked this picture of my oldest.  This was on our last trip to Vegas at the ConExpo.  They kept handing out these little guys- so this ended up being a funny picture!
Thanks for stopping by!
Michelle!!!


Products Used:


Product List

2 comments:

  1. What a cute layout. I love that you used so many scraps. Seems like I always like my "scrap" layouts better than the ones where I cut into lots of new papers. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...