Saturday, June 13, 2015

Fun Sassy Card Using the Stampin' Up Skating By Stamp & Challenges

As soon as I saw the new catalog, I had this card in mind.  I wanted to make a card using the Skating by set, Stake Your Claim set, and That Thing You Did set.  I giggled when it came to me- more on that later!



This was my first of many in my Sassy card series!  Just fun silly humor.  I have more planned!  
I used the sketch from:


This was my take on the sketch:



For my colors, I linked up with a color challenge at:


I really liked this color combo- pretty easy.  I figured there would be a lot of fourth of July inspired art so I definitely wanted to do something out of the box.  The real red got me thinking of brick, perfect excuse to use my new brick wall embossing folder!!!



I didn't originally have these Handpicked Framelits- they first appeared in the Occasions catalog.  I thought they were cute, but didn't immediately buy them.  Then I saw the preview of the new catty, and saw the Stake your Claim set and HAD to have them.  
Adorable!  These make great cupcake picks too!  (I've got my eye on you would be a great Halloween cupcake pick!).  


I used a little Crystal Effects on the eye ball- to give it some shine and dimension.  I love how it turned out.  I also used the Crystal Effects to glue down these random sequence pieces that I had.  I love using Crystal Effects as glue- if the glue shows, it is shimmery and nice! 


I love the brick wall embossing folder!  I will get really good use out of this embossing folder!  
I cut out my little guy using my Brother Scan and Cut machine.  I haven't dusted mine off in a while but I'm always glad when I do.  I HATE fussy cutting!!!




This is the sentiment that got me to think SASSY.  I LOVE this!!!  My son will say "stop being a creeper mom"- when I say that I have  seen him do something.  Teen humor.  So this stamp was SOLD as soon as I saw it!  I have another card in mind for another Sassy card using this stamp!!!  
Even better- taking a pen and X out the NOT part!!!  LOL!!!  So my creeper card would say:
I've got my Eye on You, But Not in a creepy way. A Stalker card!!!!  I love it!!!!  I have an odd sense of humor!
I left the inside blank for now but I could easily add the sentiment from That Thing You Did: "You're on My Mind" as a thinking of you card.  




The new catalog has given me so many ideas!  I've had fun creating so far!  Look for more new ideas!!!
Thanks for Stopping by!
Michelle!!











Product List

9 comments:

  1. Love this. The eyeball is AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you get the little guy cut out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I updated my post- I totally forgot that part- I used my Brother Scan and Cut machine!

      Delete
  3. Such a nice card!! That sentiment totally cracked me up. Also, I NEED to check out the Brother Scan and Cut machine!! Thanks so much for sharing at the Colour Me! challenge this week :) Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card! My teen daughter totally says the same to me! These elements really came together - Stake Your Claim is SO on my list! Thanks for mentioning your "scan & cut" machine - sounds like something my gals might appreciate, because I LOVE to fussy cut, lol. Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am the worst when it comes to fussy cutting. I hate it, it never looks good- when I do it, which I'm sure is operator error! The scan and cut does make it very easy!

      Delete
  5. Ha! I'm still laughing! This is cute and a neat use of the sketch! Thanks for playing with us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is hilarious, love it! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL!!!! That's what your card literally made me do!!!! This is soooooo totally cute and fun! I love the brick embossed background....it looks like the kid is leaning up against a wall! Super fun!!!! Thanks for joining us at Colour Me this week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...