Wednesday, June 17, 2015

A Jurassic World card: No Bones about It Father's Day Card

When the new Stampin' Up catalog came out, No Bones About It was the first stamp set on my list!  I love dinosaur stamp sets!  This set is wonderful!  I love the dinosaurs PLUS the dino skeletons, and a ton of extras!!!  GREAT stamp set!
Of course I waited till the last minute to make my husband's Father's Day card.  I decided to use a sketch to help me out.  I used this sketch:

As soon as I saw this sketch, I thought of those dino skeletons....to go with one of my favorite sentiments!



This sentiment is from a My Paper Pumpkin kit.  I LOVED it!  I have saved it in my stash.  

I used the color challenge:



I loved these colors as soon as I saw them!  They were perfect for my dino card!

I also used the challenge from: 

This week's challenge was simple: Father's Day.




With using the Love Your Guts stamp- I had to add some "blood" splatters to my card- the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set did the trick!  I love how it looks real!!!  
Dinosaurs were a perfect theme this week since we just went to see the new Jurassic World movie!  We LOVE dinosaurs!!  Have you seen the movie yet?  Dinosaurs eating people......good movie!  LOL!! ;) I think the boys want to see it again!




The inside of the card was stamped using another My Paper Pumpkin stamp: Seriously and using my favorite new stamp from That thing you did: But not in a creepy way!  I love this stamp!!! 
I created the inside sentiments in a ombre inking- just for something different!


Did you notice I used the new Washi tape punch?  This is a punch that will get a lot of use in my crafting!
I used my Misti to help me get all my stamped images straight and inked perfectly.  Have you tried the Misti yet?  Search my blog for other Misti posts!






Thanks for stopping by!
Michelle!!!




Product List

3 comments:

  1. Love this card. Seriously but not in a creepy way ;) You found a way to make blood splatter work. Woohoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun and creative!
    Thanks for joining us at Case this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is so funny! Great take on the sketch! My son loves dinosaurs and would be thrilled if I got this stamp set...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...