Friday, June 5, 2015

2015-2016 Stampin' Up Catalog - My Hit Pick List!!!!

It is that time of year again, when Stampin' Up comes out with the new annual catalog.  It is now live and orders can be placed!  So the question is, what to order?  Everyone has their favorite items.  I enjoy reading what other items people loved, it often makes me take a second look at the item that I might have overlooked or not seen the possibilities with it!  Here is my Hit Pick List:


My first Hit Pick is Birthday Yay p. 9.  
I love this stamp set because of the "picks" that you can make.  They coordinate with the Handpicked Framelits Dies on p.172.  I love this example, it shows how you can make adorable cupcake picks!  I love this idea for school cupcakes.  Even store bought cupcakes can be dressed up using this set! 

#2
Build a Birthday p.11

I love this set!  Any set that has multiple ways to use it is a plus in my book.  I love that you can stack the layers up to build a cake, or turn those layers over and make candles!  I LOVE that!!!  Plus that adorable little banner stamp!  Cute!!!!

#3
Over The Rainbow stamp set p.21

I have to say, when I first looked at this stamp set, I overlooked it.  After sitting down with the catalog for a nice long look, I saw the possibilities with this set.  I love the brush strokes that come with this set!  I love the sentiments.  I can see using this stamp on cards and scrapbook pages.

#4
Barnyard Babies stamp set p.33
This was the first stamp set to go on my order!  I love these animals!  I can see these for baby card, birthday cards, cute little thinking of you cards, gift tags.....gosh I love them so much!  And the samples made with them, A-DORable!!!!!  I love the watercolor effect using the animals! Best of all, the watercoloring is so easy, you just need a ink pad and an Aqua Painter on p.163.

#5

Words of Truth stamp set p.41.
This stamp set is right on trend.  I can see using this on teen pages! How many times on instagram do I see the teens using #truth on their pictures?!  I love the idea of making your own Project Life Cards using this stamp set!  Titles and Captions for scrapbook pages!  GREAT set!

#6
No Bones About It stamp set p.43
Of course having three boys, this stamp was on my first order!  I love that the set has the outline of the dinosaur and the skeleton of the dinosaur.  Both can be used together or separately.  If you have a boy in your house, or know ANY boys at all....this is a MUST have stamp set!!!! 

#7
Simply Sports stamp set p.47
This is not a new set but a carry over stamp set from last catalog.  I own this stamp set and LOVE it!  If you know anyone that plays sports or loves sports, this a great stamp set to have.  I love how the sample shows how easy it is to make adorable treat bags!   Great for the players and coaches!!  

#8
Stake Your Claim stamp set p.65
Another stamp set that uses the Handpicked Framelits.  I love getting use out of my tools!  This set has some great sentiments in it, great for any holiday, but also good for some scrapbook pages!  But I do have to admit, I got this set mainly for the stake that says: I've got my Eye on you.  I love that!!!

#9
Watercolor Wings
I am not a girly girl.  I normally don't buy flower sets, just because I don't get much use out of them.  I don't buy super elegant stamp set because they just aren't my style.  But the Watercolor Wings is GORGEOUS!!!!  I love all the layers!  You can really have fun with this set!  Layer as little or as much as you like!  And no fear with this two-step stamp set, it's photopolymer so it makes it a BREEZE!!!!  Also this set has matching framelits on page 172.  But even better, there is a BUNDLE!!!  So bundle and save!!!

#10
The Wilderness Awaits stamp set p. 86
I think this stamp set has some great images in it.  The art work is very well done.  The dog would work for any dog lover on your list! The other images just scream male  to me.  I can't wait to create some great cards for my boys with this stamp set.

#11
You've Got This stamp set on page 113
Of course this is the one stamp that breaks my "I don't buy flowers stamp sets" rule.  So why would I get this one?  Because of the awesome grid/worn background stamp included.  Yes, I think this one is worth the price of the stamp for that stamp alone!!!!  The other images are good, it is a pretty flower- and I do like the way it is shown in the sample with the pink and the background stamp.  Very pretty.  I couldn't tell you what kind of flower it is.  Could care less...it is pretty!  But that background stamp is a classic!  It will be used often!  I think the sentiments on this stamp set are nice.  

#12
Watercolor Wash Background stamp on p.129
I think this stamp is a knock out.  Much like my favorite stamp set of all time, Gorgeous Grunge (which did return as well!), this stamp set would add a great element to any card or scrapbook page!  Perfect brush strokes every time!  I love it!!! Look for many samples with this stamp set to come!

#13
Everyday Chic Designer Series Paper on page 142
So the question comes up, why THIS DSP?  What you don't see online, but can see in the catalog, is that using a brayer, you can color this DSP to match ANY layout you are doing!!!  How amazing!!!??  And then I think DUH, why didn't I think of that before??!!! Or color it with your ink pad using the brush strokes on the Over the Rainbow stamp set, or the Watercolor Wash stamp set!  Or even the Work of Art stamp set!!!  Don't forget a brayer!! This DSP even has matching washi tape!

#14
Washi Label Punch on page 166
I love easy punches!  This punch can be used so much!  It is great for labels shown here in the example. Names, sentiments, dates.....the list can go on and on.  I plan on having some fun with this punch and seeing how many of my sentiments will fit!  Bring new life to an old sentiment!

#15
I could go on and on, there are some awesome products in the catalog, but I have limited this list to my top favorite 15!!!  For the last one:
Brick Wall Embossing Folder on page 174
This one is VERY on trend.  I can see this being layered in so many ways!  I see graffiti on this wall!  Gorgeous Grunge on this wall.  I love this!!!!
Have you gotten to look through the Stampin' Up catalog?  What are your favorite items?  
Michelle!!




















Product List

1 comment:

  1. Great list!!! I can't wait to take my good long look through my catty.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...