Wednesday, May 6, 2015

What I LOVE: Product Review- OrYany Norah- bag/purse review

I have two passions, crafting and bags.  I love both of them! I love to bag watch when I go to the mall;  I like to look at the style, how well it carries, the shape, and the color of the bags.  I have had high priced designer bags and a great deal on a target bag.  I love them all!  
I have fallen in love with the OrYany brand.  I find them mid range in price, comparable to Coach.  I love the leather, the colors, the "extras" that the bags have.  I thought I would share with you, my new bag, the Norah: 

I think the Norah comes in four colors, this is the banana.  I'm not sure I captured the color well, this was in  my office so maybe not the best lighting, but it is a nice sunny yellow, more on the pale side than neon.  I would say this is good for anyone who likes a light colored bag, a good variation on a cream or almond bag.


The bottom has a nice wide base.  I would have liked to see some feet here but I'm not sure it makes a big difference in the end. It stands up nicely on its own.  



The above picture is a horrible shot because it makes it look smaller than it is, but it shows the inside pockets, two slip pockets on one side along with a  zip.  And two additional zips on the other.  Really great organization, with the OrYany signature lining.  I actually fell in love with Oryany because of the functioning of their bags.  I have several very high end bags, and yes, they are great, look great.  But when it comes to function, the high end bags often fall very flat for me.  Most have zero or NO organization, and very few have pockets on the inside.  


I included this picture to show you what I carry.  I am a big bag girl.  I would classify the Norah as a medium big bag.  I can clearly fit a lot in it.  The elephant vera bradley pouch holds my tooth brush, tooth paste and mouth wash (adult braces suck!!!), I carry a full size zippy wallet (Michael Kors Camo), the lesportsac pounch carries a wide variety of items from makeup, to female products, to advil, to hair clips.  The other pouch is my newest Ipsy bag, not sure why I had it in there, maybe I got the mail, opened it and stuffed it in my bag.  I don't normally carry that!  :)

The Norah has a nice big zipper on the front that goes the full length of the bag and is deep.  Good to secure my keys, but I could fit TONS more in it!

This picture is to show the zipper details.  I think Oryany does the little details well.

This is a magnetic pocket behind the zippered pocket on the front of the bag.  It is quite big!  I love to put my phone in there for easy access.  It is almost hidden when you look at the bag but it is easy to grab my phone out.  I actually fit my keys, sunglasses and phone in this pocket before, it is a BIG pocket.  I switched out my purse one day and lost my sunglasses.  I couldn't for the life of me find them anywhere.....I accidentally left them in this pocket!  It will fit the larger phones. 



I love the hardware they used on the bag.  Very vintage looking to me.

I love the side details. 


The back of the bag has another long zippered pocket.  You really can't get more pockets than this!!!  I actually refuse to buy a bag now that does not have at least ONE outside pocket on it.  I need a place for my phone and to access it quickly.  My pet peeve is having to dig through my pocketbook to find my phone as its ringing!!!  I never find it in time.....


These are some of the most comfy handles on a bag I have had in a long time.  They are wide but not tall- I don't think unless you have stick thin arms, you can get this on your shoulder with these.  But they do fit nicely over the arm, and feel wonderful!!!!  I think the wideness of the handles are the best feature!  There is a long shoulder strap or can be crossbody as well.  I love a hand bag.  I think nothing looks nicer, but there are times when I need hands free.  I love bags that have two ways to hold them!  



Just another detail!!!  Great zipper puller!  I have returned another brand of bag before because as much as I loved the bag, the zipper wasn't easy to open due no zipper puller!  

This is the bag loaded with my items. 





This is to show the long strap!
This has been one of my favorite Oryany's yet.  EASY to carry.  And really, that's what I look for in a handbag.  This is a winner for me!!!  I got my bag at QVC.com.  
This is the description directly from QVC:
Butter-soft satchel. Head out the door with the Norah leather satchel from orYANY for all-day organization wrapped up in contemporary good looks. A zip-top closure helps keep your items secure within the bag, while several interior pockets mean you'll always know where you stowed your smartphone. From orYANY.
  • Style: Norah
  • Zip-top closure, front zip pocket, front slip pocket, back zip pocket, yellow antiqued goldtone hardware
  • Lined interior, two front-wall slip pockets, front-wall zip pocket, two back-wall zip pockets
  • Measures approximately 13-1/2"W x 11-1/2"H x 5-3/4"D with a 4-1/2" handle drop and a 20" to 23" strap drop; weighs approximately 2 lbs, 5 oz
  • Body/trim 100% leather; lining 100% cotton
  • Imported
This review is mine, I don't work for QVC or Oryany, just a handbag lover!!!
Thanks for stopping by!
Michelle!!!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...