Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Sports Layout for Scrapbooking Using Simply Sports Stamp

Here is my geeky share for the week, when I get the new Stampin' Up catalog each year, I am so excited to see what new boy images they have.  Having three boys myself, I use tons of male appropriate images in my cards and in my scrapbooking.  Last year,  Stampin' Up came out with the stamp set Simply Sports.  I LOVED it!!  I think it went on my first order!  With all three boys playing sports, all types, I have gotten a lot of use out of this stamp set.  The best part of this, the stamp set also includes accessories so that you can make your little "sports guy" a GIRL!!!  Now I can do a soccer themed card for my niece that loves soccer!  Best yet, it is a carry over stamp set!  This stamp set will be around at least for another year!


I chose my colors of this layout because my son's school's colors are black and green.  I used Gumball Green on this layout but I am excited that the new Stampin' Up Incolors includes a new bright green this year!!!!  I will be using it a lot in the future!  Cucumber Crush- that's the new green colored incolor name.   I always wonder how Stampin' Up comes up with their color names.  I imagine when a new color comes out, they have a meeting, and all sit around a table shouting ideas for color names.  LOL!!  I have no idea how they come up with them, but I can only guess that their are some bad ones and some really good ones.  I would be AWFUL at naming colors, I don't think I am that creative. Grass Green.  Sky blue, yup, they would NEVER use my suggestions!!!  ;)
I got to use some of my soccer washi tape.  I picked this up somewhere along the way.  It is a huge roll of washi so I was excited to use it.  The soccer ball is a brad that I have hoarded.....I mean collected.  

One of my favorite framelits ever, Starburst framelits.  I seriously heart these framelits!!!!  I am so sad they were on the retiring list.  If you don't have these, grab them NOW while you can.  I use these over and over!  They make the best bases to show of my stamps as embellies, my favorite way to use stamps.  I only justify all my stamp purchases by saying to myself that I don't buy stickers for my scrapbooking.  Using stamps instead of stickers: gets use out of my stamps, lets me customize my colors to match my layout, and I rationalize it saves me money on stickers that will be out of style in a year or two!!!  (and please, don't try to convince me otherwise if I don't save money......I like to live in denial!!!!!  ;) ).  


Looking at this reminds me I need to order another white pen!  I love writing on black paper for my journaling.  I don't think every scrapbook page needs a huge journaling section, sometimes just a note of when, where and who is enough.  And yes, the who part is very important when you have three boys!!!  I swear I would always remember who's baby pictures where which boys'.  Yup, that went out the window this weekend.  I was sorting pictures and realized, I had no idea which of my kids this one picture was.  Not a clue!!!!  Yeah, not my best mommy moment!!!  
Thanks for stopping by!
Michelle!!!


Product List

2 comments:

  1. I have totally had one of those moments when I looked at a baby photo and had no idea which of my boys it was lol. Love your layout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks!!! I feel better! I'm not the only one!!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...