Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Sneak Peek- Stampin Up In Colors- Teacher Thank you cards- Fab Friday Challenge

Thank you cards for Teachers.  Yes, it is that time of the year again!  End of the school year.  I needed to make four teacher cards for my son.  This is what I can up with:


I used the sketch challenge at http://fabfridaystampinchallenge.blogspot.com
Here is the sketch:

I liked this sketch because it was simple.  My favorite cards are always my simple but elegant cards.  I love simple layers focusing on the stamps or the colors or even the DSP used!  This was my take on the challenge.  


I'm not sure these pictures are showing the colors as pretty as they are in person.  For the card, I used mint macaron, tip top taupe, and real red.  I really like how the mint macaron and tip top taupe calmed down the brightness of the real red.  It is always amazing when you put color combos together what happens! This was a take on my favorite color combo right now of coastal cabana, basic gray and real red.  I think I might like this combo even better!



I used two new products coming June2- the new lace ribbon- in tip top taupe, and the new blossom accents in the 2015-2017 in colors.  The lace is a fast favorite.  It ties really nicely, even for those of us that are not good at bow tying!!



I changed it up some, one two, I put one of the rhinestone jewels in the blossom accents, just to make it sparkle!! 



I couldn't decide which I liked more, the blossom accents or the ribbon....since I needed four, I did two of each!!


I used the robot stamp from Boys will be boys stamp set.  I was glad to see it return in the new catalog.  The thank you stamp is part of the Another Thank You stamp set, also returning. There are some GREAT thank yous in that set!!!  I used my starburst framelits again....grab them before they retire!!!!  
Hope you enjoyed my take on the sketch!  Thanks for stopping by!
I love new crafting friends, so if you like what you read, FOLLOW ME!!!  :)






Product List

3 comments:

  1. Love these. I may need to borrow the idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great color combination! Love how the starburst die ends at the edge of the card. Thanks for playing along with this sketch challenge at FabFriday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat color combo! I love seeing the new colors paired with an old favorite. The robots make for a cute background too! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...