Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Soho DSP and Homeschooling Layout and Stampin' Up Role Model in CASING a Layout

I can not take credit for this layout, it was my scrapping friend, Jenny  at http://lovemyrandomness.blogspot.com that used this layout at a retreat. I loved it so much I had to case it!!!  I love when you scrap on a retreat, you see something you love and want to try, often the layouts turn out totally different from the inspiration.  It is fun to try new things.  Some people online get very annoyed with people casing anything they do.  I have two trains of thought on this: 1) Never put something online that you don't want the world to see and use.  Besides, I often wonder when I have a great idea myself, "I can't be the first person that thought of putting buttons on this way or using a stamp with way. "   2) even if the layouts (the original and the case one)  did look  the same, it is going in two different books right??!!!  No one is going to flip through your scrapbook and say "wow, this was X layout!!!".  And some people online want to be noted for a case- so if you use it in your personal book, how and why are you going to note it?  On the back of the layout?  I could care less about that!  What is the point of that??   Case away!!!  It just means, you like what I did enough to try it yourself.  Stampin' Up is a big CASE supporter. I try and keep that role model alive in my scrapbooking! (only time that doesn't apply is if you are submitting your work for a publication- they should be original work.) 
Okay, now to the layout!
This DSP is quite busy for me.  Not my norm.  I thought it looked great with the city map and the mud brick layout.  The boys were studying how Egyptians made their houses, using mud bricks.  Of course, they had to try it!!!


These stamps are an old Stampin' Up construction set.  I honestly can't remember the name, but I always buy the boys stamp sets.  I loved how Jenny used a set of three stamps popped up on dimensions and using the starburst framelits to create the embellishment for the page.  Of course, that was one element that I had to use on my page!





Thanks for stopping by!  If you don't follow this blog- take a second and click the follow me button on the right!  I love new crafting friends!  
Michelle!!

2 comments:

  1. HaHa looking at the you might also like they suggest Breaking Dawn Part 2. Not sure how that is relevant to the page but really isn't Twilight always relevant? I love your Case!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...