Friday, January 30, 2015

Is it Spring time yet??? Yard Work Layout! Using up what you have in Scrapbooking

As I sit here, it is cold and the wind is blowing, I thought I would share a bright warm looking layout today!  
This is one of them that I did awhile ago, but wanted to share some of these layouts with you.
For this layout, I used up what I had.  I had some odd paper left from a set, so I pieced it together and used it up! It always feels good to clean out a DSP paper pack and use it up!  You can view my DSP paper storage system here:  http://3monkeysthrowingaroundsomepaper.blogspot.com/2013/08/do-you-hoard-your-designer-series-paper.html
When I am done with a file folder of DSP, I take alcohol and wipe the plastic clean (I label them so I know the name and maker of each paper set, and also the colors included in the sets for Stampin' Up DSP!) and put it to the side, ready to use again!

The YARD WORK title was cut out of some ABC paper.  I used dimensions to pop it up and inked around the edges.
My journaling was done in all small alpha stickers.  Great way to use up some of those colors and letters that I might not normally use.  There wasn't much to say about these pictures, so this worked great.  My middle son was thrilled to help his uncle mow the grass. He had only mowed using ride on mower and thought a push behind was totally cool!  LOL!!!

These are not my normal colors, but for this layout, I thought I could get away with it since it was a nice spring layout!


Added a little washi tape and I was done!  I have found the best way to USE all that washi tape that I hoard   collect, is to sit it on my work table, I use it better if it is in my sight! I like the pop it added, breaking up all the bright colors!
Thanks for stopping by!
Michelle!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...