Friday, August 29, 2014

New Stampin' Up Gift Box Punch Board- Holiday 2014 Catalog

Many of you know that I loved when Stampin' Up got the envelope punch board.  I was thrilled to see in the new 2014 Holiday catalog, the Gift Box Punch Board.   I love it!!!  It was on my first order!!!  

Look at these cute boxes it can make!!!!  I made this box for a teen gift for my son's friend.  Since teens are so hard to shop for and normally have their own wish lists...he decided he wanted to give his buddy some cash for his birthday.  Perfect gift for a teen boy!!!  Of course, I couldn't just stick money in a card........we folded each of the $30 into origami shapes!!!!  And put them in the box!!!  So much fun!!!!  

Here is the gift box board.  It is very simple to use just like the envelope punch board.  I put this box together is less than 2 minutes!!!  EASY!!!  (and I don't like to follow directions!!!.....or read them!!!! )  All directions are on the board itself which  is perfect because I don't like to read a lot of directions let alone hunt them down!!!  Not to fear....they are just several steps and the board does all the work!!!

I used the new Kraft paper from Stampin' Up.  I love this paper.  I always loved kraft.  I used to use crumb cake for all my kraft needs but I did agree, it was a little off for actual kraft paper.  Stampin' Up agreed and gave us TRUE kraft paper!!!  I found this kraft to be one of the best I have tried, it has a nice weight to it, making it perfect for gift boxes!!  It was very easy to work with.
I stamped this using the new stamp set Boys will be Boys in white craft ink and used a dauber for the dots.  So easy!

I always use sticky strip when putting my boxes together.  Very simple using the board!  All lines are scored and tabs punched.


This was my first attempt at a pompom.  I wish it was fuller but even though I felt like I used a lot of twine, I think it could have used more.....unfortunately I was using up some twine out of a celebration set I had left, so I couldn't add more.  But overall, not to bad. 








Just another great handy tool from the new Holiday catalog!
Love it!!
Product List



Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to visit my store to check out the new Holiday catalog, available NOW!!!  
Michelle!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that would be a handy tool! I like the way that kraft paper looks... it looks like it might be a bit sturdier than regular cardstock, more like a thin chipboard? The yarn pom pomp is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think the kraft is sturdier than the regular card stock from Stampin' Up. I have done another box in regular card stock and it was fine though. I'm not sure if it is as thick as really thin chipboard but it has a nice sturdy weight to it. I am just a sucker for kraft!!! I think I am wrapping ALL our Christmas gifts this year in kraft since SU is offering the kraft wrapping paper! I LOVE it!!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...