Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Making a Recipe Book in Project Life Style

As many of you know, I love Project Life albums!  I love the ease of scrapping with Project Life, even if your not a scrapbooker normally, Project Life is really simple and can turn ANYONE into a GREAT scrapbooker!!!  The key to Project Life is the pictures (no brainer there right?) and the journaling!  Tell us about the pictures!  What's going on?  Who? What? When? Where?  Or maybe you want to journal about why you like these pictures.  One of my favorite ways to journal is to write a mini letter to my boys.  In years to come, my boys can pick up those books and read my message to them, encouraging words or a fun memory I have of them.  Priceless!!!! 
What other memories can be priceless in years to come?  A cookbook!  Now maybe you are scratching your head at this one but let me explain........
My grandmother was a wonderful baker )and a pretty good cook too!).  Yes, there are cooks, and there are bakers.  Anyone that thinks baking is totally easy, has never truly baked before.  There is an art to it.  Especially for the ones that don't use recipes, they use " a pinch of this", "a dab of that"...."yeah that looks good"- and their results are amazing!  That was my grandmother.  I'm not sure if she had a cookbook.  Maybe?  But she always made the best cakes, pies, cookies, and breads.  Unfortunately, as I got older and took an interest in baking, I have not been able to track down any of her recipes.  I'm not sure if they are lost or never written down in the first place.  THAT is what I am taking about!  Don't let this happen to you!  One of the best gifts you can give your own child, is your cookbook!!!  Include their favorite recipes, special holiday meals, even the things we think are easy, they might not be for a non-cooker!  (is that a word??)  One of the easiest ways to do this is making your own homemade cookbook!!!  Project Life fits this bill so well!!!  Project Life offers smaller sized page protectors that are perfect for cookbooks! 
 
Using the Project Life framelits- it is easy to cut any Designer Series Paper to decorate your pages and you can use the journal grid papers to write out your recipes!  Organize them by category by color!  Blue- meals, reds- sides, greens- desserts!  Include a quick picture of your finished product!  And always include a journal about the dish, who liked it best, any tips and tricks in making the dish!  Have fun with it!  This can be a wonderful gift for a new bride and groom in your family! 
 
Project Life products can be found on my website:
 
I am starting this project for my boys!  Look for future posts!!!! 
Michelle!!!
 


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...