Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Kiwi Lane Design Templates Challenge Using Retro Fresh Designer Series Paper and Brother Scan N Cut machine

I have had my Kiwi Lane Design templates for a couple of years now.  I enjoy using them.  They make some really fun layouts.  Even though I have had them for awhile, I have never competed in one of the Kiwi Lane Challenges.  It's a new year, and I challenged myself to true new things in my crafting!  So here I am with my Kiwi Lane Challenge:

 

This challenge was based on this sketch:
Isn't this sketch wonderful?? 
Here are all the details on the Kiwi Lane Design blog:
 
 

I used the new Designer Series Paper, Retro Fresh, in the Occasions catalog.  I really liked this paper line.  It includes  the Baked Brown Sugar color - this is one of my new favorite neutrals! 

Isn't that sequin trim wonderful???  I walked into the kitchen this morning, all the lights were out.  This layout was still on the table, and that trim was Divine!  It was glowing!!!  I caught the light out of the corner of my eye as I walked by and had to stop.  It just made me smile!  So pretty!  The great thing about the new trim is you can use it as a ribbon as I did on the second page or you can cut the trim and pull off the sequins and use them individually like I did here as well!
For my title, I used the new Starburst Sayings stamp and framelit set.  This is my favorite set in the new occasions catalog.  The framelits themselves are SO handy.  They feel nice and thick, they cut wonderfully!  I love them!!!  For the camera embellishment, I used the On the Film Framelits.  I inked up the camera die and cut it out! 

I didn't have any of the circle templates.  I pulled out my Brother Scan N Cut machine.  I picked a circle from the preloaded cut files on the machine.  I was able to stack one circle on top of a smaller one to cut out a circle frame.  Quick and easy!!!  

This was my first attempt, just cutting a basic circle. 


Here is where I stacked the circles.  Just as easy to move one circle on top of another one!


 

I also used my Brother Scan N Cut to cut out the star shape.


 




This was a fun layout!  I see myself doing more of these challenges!  As always, you can visit my online store for any of the Stampin' Up items:
 
Items Used:
 Thanks for stopping by and visiting!
Michelle!!!
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Super cute 2 pager! Love the colors and very fun design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun fun fun. Love this paper. I need to get my Occasions order ready.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...