Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Using up Designer Paper Packs in Scrapbooking and Using Washi Tape!

Part of my New Year's Resolutions in crafting, is to use my supplies that I have on hand.  I have TONS of  Designer Series Paper that I hoard collect.  Using up some of those paper packs is one of my New Year's resolutions.  Using what I have on hand!  Now of course that doesn't mean I won't buy any new paper or supplies...:) but using what I have more regularly!   I know I am not the only one that has left over Designer Series Paper that we have fallen out of love with.  Maybe it isn't our style anymore?  Or colors that we don't use that much?  My goal was to use up some of my papers!  This paper pack is older.  And for me, very bright.  I don't normally use paper this bright.  For me, I normally use really bright pieces in bits so that they don't overwhelm me. As soon as I saw this paper, I knew I had the perfect picture for it. 
Sometimes the colors within the photo leads me right to the colors to use.  This paper was a perfect match for my son and my niece's soccer jerseys!  The banners on the paper were perfect to celebrate a win for both players!!!
 
I had a banner framelit that I used to create the background for the title and added some stickers!

The circle punches were a great way to use of scraps of this paper pack and get some more color on the page.  I added bakers twine to the buttons because I don't like buttons without anything in them, my girlfriend calls them naked buttons.....yup, I don't like naked buttons either!....am I the only one?? 


The horizontal strip (blue and white stripes) is actually two strips of  washi tape with a sticker covering the seam of the two strips.  I love that it was a great match in color and got to use some of my washi tape up!!! Do you use washi tape to make a layer on your project??
How do you use up your DSP?  It makes me very happy to see the last scrap of paper being used from a pack!  I love getting my moneys worth out of a pack!!  What is your crafting New Year's Resolutions??
Thanks for stopping by!
Michelle!!!
Happy New Year!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Fun layout, super cute design. Love the washi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just say no to naked buttons. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great page! And I have lots of DSP I need to use, too. Thanks for the inspiration!

    Btw, was wondering if your new CutNScan would cut out stamped letters? I bought tons of SU! Alphabet sets but don't use them much

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...