Wednesday, December 4, 2013

My Paper Pumpkin- October 2013 kit for my Creative Crew Challenge!

My last Creative Crew challenge for the year!  I have been very honored, challenged and sometime frantic to get my projects done!  I loved thinking outside my normal bubble, expanding what projects I will do!  Using new materials, color combos and inspiration! 
Check out all the Creative Crew challenges at:
For my final challenge....sniff, sniff.....I REALLY had to stretch.  Our challenge was:
CCREW1213SF, CreativeCrew, SUO or SUM - Scrapbook and More Focus: Make a calendar, to do list, booklet or journal for a friend to use in 2014. Check out Anything but a Card Gallery on SCS.

CASEing is so much fun!
What to do??!!!  I was at a retreat with my upline, Jenny.  And she did a wonderful take on the October My Paper Pumpkin kit!  I knew I had to CASE her!!! 
 
My Paper Pumpkin is a monthly kit from Stampin' Up.  See my box and details to the right if you are interested. 

This is my take on the project.


This is how the kit came.  The best thing about getting the monthly kits is that it is always a surprise.  This kit was more of a challenge for me.  I really didn't need a note pad set so I didn't know what to do with this kit.  When Jenny did hers, I loved how she made it into a USEFUL item-that I knew I could use. 





Instead of using the Autumn accents die like Jenny did, I used the bow die.  I LOVE this bow die.  And what's better than using the bow die...using it with GLIMMER PAPER!!!  I LOVE SPARKLE!!!

I showed you the back of the project so you can see how I will hang this.  
I love this picture of two of my boys and our dog Levi.  We went on a walk at school one day when my oldest was in basketball practice.  One of the best things about my kids' school is that is backs up to the greenway.  GREAT walking!  There are several walking bridges on the trails that I knew we had to stop and take a picture.  Levi was great but he was ready to get back to his walking!!! 
Items Used on this project:
  • Gift Bow Bigz L Die
  • Big Shot Die-Cut Machine
  • Champagne Glimmer Paper
  • Soda Pop Tops
  • 1-1/4" Burlap Ribbon
  • Early Espresso Baker's Twine
  • Sticky Strip
  •  
    Thanks for stopping by! And thanks Jenny for always inspiring me!!!
    Michelle!!!

    6 comments:

    1. hey nice post mehn. I love your style of blogging here. The way you writes reminds me of an equally interesting post that I read some time ago on Daniel Uyi's blog titled How Does Not Trusting Other People Hurt Your Business? .
      keep up the good work.

      Regards

      ReplyDelete
    2. So excited to be your inspiration for this one. I love your take on it too and that we were able to find a useful product from this my paper pumpkin. :) I'm ready for this months box now.

      ReplyDelete
    3. That's really cute! And what a great photo.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Love this and what a fantastic photo i love the way you have captured the shape of the bridge going off into the distance . you project is stunning hun

      ReplyDelete
    5. What a great idea! I love your mini-home décor project! Scrapping Everyday Miracles is having a challenge, and we'd love for you to enter a project or two! http://scrappingeverydaymiracles.blogspot.com/2013/12/christmas-theme-challenge.html

      ReplyDelete

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...