Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Easy Gift Card Holders Using the Envelope Punch Board

All my readers know how much I love my envelope punch board!  I needed a to make some gift card holders for a craft fair.  I was looking online for ideas when I came across a picture on pinterest.  As it happens on pinterest, the link was broke but someone had made a comment on the link about uses for the envelope punch board.  OMG!!!  How could I forget my favorite tool?!?!!!  I was looking at making all these special cuts directions to make a gift card holder.  How silly when the envelope punch board does all the work for me!!!!  This project is not my original idea but it is so great- I had to share it with my readers!  So quick and easy!  Make your gift cards REALLY stand out from the rest of the pack!!!!
 

How cute is this Santa's belt gift card holder.  Don't stress if you don't have the exact punches....you could substitute another size of square punch or you could use a scalloped square punch instead of a the curly label punch!
 

Using the envelope punch board, you make the smallest envelope on the board- starting with a 5"X5" piece of Real Red cardstock.  The easiest part is the directions are right on the board- you measure to 2" inches- punch and score.  You measure ONCE....then on the other sides, you simply match up to your score lines and punch and score from those lines!  EASY!!!
 




I like to trim off the bottom piece of my envelope a bit so that it doesn't stick out at the top. 

I used sticky strip to assemble my envelope.
 


One of my favorite parts of the envelope punch board is that it has a corner rounder built right in!  I like to round my corners on the envelopes.  

For the belly band, I used a strip of Basic Black cardstock cut at 3/4".


Glimmer Paper adds the bling to this simple gift card holder!  
Add a square of Basic Black cardstock on top of the glimmer paper and you are done!!!  EASY right?!!!!!



I love to take an idea and run with it so I dug in my stamps and looked for stamps that would work to make other varieties.  I love the Naughty or Nice stamp out of Very Merry Tags stamp set!  So cute!!!
This is a great project to use up old Designer Series Paper packs or even scraps.  You only need a 5"X5" piece of paper- you can use scraps for the belly bands! 
I even made a couple of birthday card holders!  I am hooked on this idea for using those scraps!!
Thanks for stopping by!
Michelle!!!
 
 
Items used:


6 comments:

  1. My board is on its way. Love this idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable ... thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought one of these boards just yesterday. I didn't know it had a built-in corner rounder. I love the look of flattening the one edge and rounding the flap. Also, these are all adorable. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...