Friday, November 15, 2013

Using Stampin' Up stamps in Scrapbooking- Used as Embellishments for your layout- Eat, Drink and Be Merry!!

How do you use stamps in scrapbooking?
I have heard people say they scrapbook but don't stamp.  That confuses me.  First off, I love stamps!  I love getting a new stamp set!  It makes me incredible happy!!!  :)  I started crafting years ago by scrapbooking.  And I too, kept stamping and scrapbooking separate in my own crafting.  I had some rubber stamps but didn't really know how to use them.  I stamped them on some envelopes and called it done.  The paper crafting market has grown, there are AMAZING products now!  As the core of my scrapbooking has changed, I have learned how to add stamps into my scrapbooking. 
Stamps are a great way to add titles, embellishments, or backgrounds!  I recently went to a retreat and decided that my focus would be on using stamps in scrapbooking!  Look for more posts to come!!!
This whole layout is made with Stampin' Up products!  I used the stamps on this page (a retired set but there is a current set with some great cocktail glasses!) as embellishments.  I stamped them on very vanilla cardstock and punched them out using a scalloped punch and a circle punch layered with dimensionals.
I had a bunch of random pictures of the boys and me at restaurants, Eat, Drink and Be Merry seemed like the perfect title.  The title work used the Typeset Alphabet Bigz die and the Expressions Thinlets for the Merry.  

I added a little bling to the cocktail glasses and the Merry looks great cut out in Glimmer Paper!  





I think the stamps add a great layer to this page, best of all, I didn't use a sticker that has only one use.  I used a stamp that I can use over and over!  PERFECT!!!!
All Stampin' Up items can be found at my online store:  www.michellemcgraw.stampinup.net or see the list at the bottom for direct links to products.
Thank you for stopping by!
Michelle!!!
The items used on this page are:
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Michelle, I love your page and I also love to scrap with stamps verses MDS. You go gir. These pages are darling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous LO, love the photo's and the papers lovely colours.

    Hugs Erin x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...