Monday, November 4, 2013

Sweater Weather Designer Series Paper Made into a Wreath for Fall


I love the Fall time.  Pretty colors!  This wreath was created for the November Creative Crew challenge at www.splitcoaststampers.com
This challenge was to use the Designer Series Paper: Sweater Weather  .  What better way to show off this beautiful paper but through a wreath!  I went a little out of the box with this one, I cut my strips of paper to one inch instead of a half inch.  This gave my wreath a little bit fuller look or plumper look. 

To make the banner at the bottom of the wreath, I used the Banner Builder Simply Created Kit .  This great kit has these stencils in them- alpha and patterns!!!  I had to get the kit just for those stencils!!!  But the whole kit is wonderful!!!!  I can't wait to use those stencils more and more!
 



Here is my tip- when using the stencils, I used a piece of washi tape to hold the stencil in place while I inked it. Why washi tape? First of all, I have tons of it, it is sitting on my craft table, but the most important part, is that some washi tape doesn't have a super strong hold to it like other tapes might.  So removing the stencil is really easy!  (I will say, I think the Stampin' Up washi tape has a really good hold, so I probably wouldn't use it for this!!!)  It is a good use for that washi tape that you had to have, you used it for a project and now are stuck with this crazy washi tape that you don't know what you will ever do with it again....USE it!!!!!  :)
 


To make the wreath, I started in a section and just started pinning.  I used a circular 10" foam wreath.  


 

I added some bling and texture to my wreath!






These wreaths are so easy and so much fun!  Have you tried to make a paper wreath yet??
 
As always, all Stampin' Up items can be found in my online store at:
 
Thanks for stopping by!
Michelle!!!

3 comments:

  1. OMG love love love this wreath. Sweater Weather is perfect for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous creative idea . I love this

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...