Monday, November 18, 2013

Stampin' Up Tag a Bag + Flower Shop Stamp and Punch + Gorgeous Grunge Stamp set says Happy Birthday!

I don't normally get to make girl cards since I have three boys.  I am not a girly girl myself either.  I like pink but don't use it often in my crafting.  So how much fun was it for me to make a Happy 9th Birthday card for our good friend's little girl Allison.  Happy Birthday Allison!!
I pulled out my pink and got started!!!
I love the chevron bags from the Tag a Bag Gift Bags.  These are wonderful!  I love using them as envelopes for bulky cards. 

As you know from my blog posts, I am not a huge flower person.  I have exactly three sets that have flowers on them. The only way I buy a flower set is if it has matching framelits or a punch.  As soon as I saw Flower Shop with its matching punch, I put it on my wish list.  I love the patterns on the flowers.  I kept the flowers one layer here but they look GREAT stacked in layers! 

A large pearl finished off the flowers!
 

Aren't those flowers wonderful!!!! 
These bags worked well because my boys wanted to get Allison a Rainbow Loom and tons of  the bands for her birthday.  They made her some bracelets from their own collection so we stuck those in the card bag!  Do your kids like the rainbow looms?  Silly bands made into bracelets.  My kids love them.  They don't use the loom much, the make them on their fingers more.  I like anything creative for the kids so they are a hit with me!
 
Here is the card that I made for her.  I have to say I Cased this card idea from my friend Tammy Brown.  I loved her card.  So simple and pretty!!!  You can see her card at our facebook group at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/585320211514831/
 
 

 
For the number 9, I used the typeset alphabet die to cut in silver glimmer paper.  The silver wasn't the color I really wanted.  I used my aqua painter and some melon mambo ink and painted the ink on my number.  I let it dry and got a nice subtle color for my number! 
 


I have shared my love for the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set so many times before.  I have never really used it as the ONLY focus of a card so this was a fun twist for me!  So a great useful stamp set!!  One of the best!!
 


 

 
As always, all current Stampin' Up items can be found at my online store:
I love talking crafts so drop me a comment and Follow Me!!
Thanks for stopping by!
Supply List for Project:
 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *blushing* I inspired you?? Usually I am the one getting inspired, LOL. I'm honored that I inspired this gorgeous card. You did a Fabulous job as always!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...