Thursday, November 21, 2013

How to Use Stamps in Scrapbooking Part 2- Stamping Titles

This is part 2 of my blog series: Using Stamps in Scrapbooking.  This time I am focusing on using stamps for titles of your scrapbook layouts.  I don't make a title for every page I do, I would say that I make a title for about 75% of the scrapbook pages I do.  Some photos don't need a title, some are just a good picture that I want to scrap.  Some need a title to really set off the picture. 
The first example is using the an alphabet stamp to stamp out a title. 
For this layout I used some retire paper: Domestic Goddess.  I have to say that this really isn't my style but I was able to cover up some of the paper and was left with what I really liked on the paper, a really good compromise!!!  I used the ABC-123 Sketch Alphabet & Numbers set to make the title for this page.  

Okay, quick side note...yes, I realize that I took a picture of the title so show the punch work....and I cropped my title in this picture to say POO....yes, the 5 year old in me giggled!!!  Anyways, I used the 7/8" scalloped circle punch and a 3/4" circle punch to punch out my letters and used dimensionals to pop them up.

To finish off this layout, I used up a card that I had left over from my October Afternoon kit which I journaled directly on it.

Supplies used for this layout:

For this layout, I used the My Friend stamp.  I did this layout at a retreat that the demo brought all her stamps for us to borrow and use.  I am so glad because this stamp has been on my wish list for awhile.  I love the Hello in this stamp set.  I had to use it!  I also love the delicate tear drops that I used for the background of the title.


 I finished off my title with some pearls.  I just think that is such a pretty Hello, I love the curls!!!

This is Stampin' Up DSP as well but it is long retired and I can't remember the name of it.  I don't get to use pink much so I had to dig it out for some pictures of Bella.

I used some pink washi tape I had over the Delicate Details Lace tape.   I also stamped the date with the Stampin' Up Rotary stamp.  (There is a GREAT new rotary stamp coming up in the Occasions catalog!  Can't wait to show it to you!!!)
Supplies Used on this layout:

The next layout probably is the most simple using stamps for a title.  I was also using up some paper for this layout.   
 

I used some neutral candy dots with the title.  I love candy dots!!  

I have tons of these buttons left over from a clearance rack purchase.  This was a great way to use them up and pull the green from the Yodas...yes plural Yodas...into the layout. 

I love the chevron borders punch!!!
Items used on this layout:
 
 
This next layout was probably one of my favorites of the whole weekend to do.  I love the colors in this DSP, I Am Me.  They are bright and cheery without being overwhelming to me.  Great colors together!   

This is a great example of a phrase stamp that can make a fabulous title!!!!  Fabulous is what you are!  Perfect for this layout!  I cut out the title using the heart collection framelits.  I loved that it put the title in a heart with much love for my little boy!

I cut the stars out using some dies that I had out of silver glimmer paper.  
The phrases I cut using some word bubble framelits that I had.  I stamped these to describe Owen.  I had to customize one a bit and make it say Loves life instead of Love and life separately.  I really liked how this turned out.


I love that this picture of Owen snapped with my camera phone turned out so nice and I was able to make a layout really showing his personality!  That's what scrappin' is all about!!!


Items Used for this layout:

I used the I am Me DSP again for this layout as well.  I really love the colors of this DSP.  I have almost used all of my pack up!!!



For this layout, I really wanted the title from the Really Good Greetings set say it all.  This was some great pictures of Jesse with our beloved Bella before she passed away.  I wanted to keep this layout simple and let the pictures shine.  

 
Items Used on this layout:






Again, I used the I am me DSP.  Are you tired of it yet?  Me neither!!!!! 

This is one of my silly layouts.  I had these pictures that I took of Jesse  when we went out to eat one day.  He couldn't understand what was wrong with his outfit...yes, one sock is HIS and one is his 13 year old brother's sock that has size 101/2 MENS sized socks!!!  I love the picture of him holding the door open because you can really see how far up his leg the heal of the sock is!!!  So Jesse got his title of the page as Best Dressed.  The dressed part was spray inked on using some template alphabets that I had.  
The background was made using the Off the grid, Gorgeous Grunge and Clockworks stamp sets.  Henry was cut out using the Deco collection framelits.  Henry is a retired stamp...so cute!!
The Best of ribbon was cut out with the circle and scalloped punch and popped up with dimensionals.


To keep this simple, I journaled on my photo mat.  It doesn't stand out but has all the important information I wanted to remember.  I have found with three boys...always write the name of the person if nothing else.  Sure I remember exactly how this is now, but as I look through baby pictures of my sister and I, my mom has a hard time telling us apart in pictures.  


I used the artisan label punch to create my banner.  I love how it turned out. Not typically a banner punch but it looks great!

 
 Items Used for this layout:
 
So go dig in your stamp sets, find some stamps and start scrapbooking with them!  They can add so much to your layouts.  I love that I can use stamps over and over in scrapbooking!!!  I find that stamps are a great investment in my crafting!
 
You can always find all current Stampin' Up items 24/7 on my blog at:
Thanks for stopping by for part 2!!!  Keep a look out for part 3 of Using Stamps in Scrapbooking next week!!
Michelle!!!

3 comments:

  1. Still love all these layouts. So much fun and great titles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee! I love this post. So much eye candy!! Im missing my scrapbooking. Tx for inspiring me today!!
    Very creative and fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...