Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Stampin' Up Zoo Babies Stamp set Washi tape Shaker card and UPCYCLING those silica packages!!!!

I will preface this with....DO NOT USE THESE SILICA PACKAGES FOR ANYONE THAT MAY EAT THEM!!!!!!  Not good for kids' cards!!!!!! 
Okay, now if you have someone that won't EAT your card that you give them...this is a fun upcycle!!!! 
I love finding uses for things!  I love recycling or upcycling!!!  These silica packages have annoyed me.  I leave them in a new pair of shoes to be annoyed when I put them on.  I kept looking at them, thinking "what can I use them on??  What can I do with them??"
I found a USE!!!!!  Remember....NO EATING THESE CARDS!!!!  NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!  
This is the finished card....can you spot the silica package????


They start off as above.  Those annoying DO NOT EAT packages. 

But with a couple of drops of reinker, they look like this!!!!  I inked them, mix them around in the bowl so they can soak up the reinker, then I dumped them on a paper towel to dry.  Dab with an extra piece of paper towel to wipe off any excess reinker.  They absorb the moisture well so they take reinker extremely well!
Now you have some GREAT new beads to place in your shaker cards!!!!  For NOTHING!!!  Totally free!!!!! 

I made this shaker card using the Washi tape method...you can search my other blog posts, I did a tutorial on this method a while ago. VERY VERY easy!!!!!






This was another shaker card that I did using actual micro beads.  I think my recycled one looks just as good!!! 




Do you love this Zoo Babies stamp set??  It is ON SALE this week!!!


What do you think?  Fun upcycle card!  All items are Stampin' Up...except my recycled silica beads!!! And as always:
 you can find all the Stampin' Up items 24/7 on my website:




Product List
2013-2015 In Color 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock & Classic Stampin' Pads Kit
2013-2015 In Color 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock & Classic Stampin' Pads Kit
[131204]
$29.95
Coastal Cabana Classic Stampin' Pad
Coastal Cabana Classic Stampin' Pad
[131175]
$5.95
Silver Basics Designer Buttons
Silver Basics Designer Buttons
[129325]
$7.95
Ticket Duo Builder Punch
Ticket Duo Builder Punch
[126883]
$15.95
Strawberry Slush Classic Stampin' Pad
Strawberry Slush Classic Stampin' Pad
[131178]
$5.95
Crisp Cantaloupe Classic Stampin' Pad
Crisp Cantaloupe Classic Stampin' Pad
[131176]
$5.95

13 comments:

  1. Love fun fun fun after you told me I actually set one of these packs aside to try this with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fun and different idea for a card! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this idea! Wonder if the shoe store would be upset if errr.... "borrowed"! a few packages?! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I'm off to check out the tuorial for these cards too!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Living here in the south, I keep every silica pack I can get my hands on to stick in my jewelry box (they help to keep my sterling silver jewelry shiny. Without them, the humidity would turn them BLACK. I stuff them in with my cardstock to keep it from getting damp and whimpy AND I keep them in each one of my hubby's watch boxes. He has several given to him by various family members and he changes off, but the batteries can get corroded. I have even learned how to dry the little bags out or recharge them to use over and over, BUT NOW, I will have to get one and try this out. Fortunately for me, hubby is in I.T., so he gets lots of silica packets inside of computer parts. This has me excited because when I make shaker cards I can never get anything inside of them to make them fun to shake. Hopefully, these little desiccant packages will put some life in them.Thank you very much for the tip!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. O how clever! And I've been throwing all mine away so the kitties don't get into them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! Free colored hole-less beads for shaker cards! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just a amazing idea!
    Greatings from Austria
    Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this idea. I wonder if this would work with alcohol inks too? I've been saving these because I read somewhere that I can dry flowers in the microwave with them. Have long since lost the method but kept them anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your idea, but I really don't have any re-inkers. Wonder if food coloring would work. Will have to give it a try. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Genius!! Thank you for sharing. Have been throwing these away for years.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Genius!! Thank you for sharing. Have been throwing these away for years.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...