Monday, October 21, 2013

Stampin' Up Halloween Wreath Using Designer Series Paper and the Petite Pennants Builder Punch

I have seen several really great wreaths made with Designer Series Paper on pinterest and blogs.    I had to give it a try.  The is a wonderful use of old DSP!!  This DSP is from last year's Holiday catalog.  I was thrilled to give this DSP pack a new life again!!!!  I used 15 strips of each of the designer paper in each design- cut to 1/2" strips. I used about 6 strips of the Basic Black cardstock.  You can use more or less depending on how "packed" you like your wreath.   Then you use a bone folder to curly your strips. Just like you would curl ribbon on a package!  Yes, the paper will curl!!!!  Use straight pins to insert them into a foam wreath- I used 10" wreath.  You can find them at most big box stores (save some $- use a coupon!!!).  The pins can also be found at the craft stores in the sewing section.  I used plain tops- not decorated or colored.  I used the circular wreaths, not the flat ones.  I do have some flat ones to try out but I think they will take more paper to do since there is more of a surface to cover.  
I also used a lot of twine.  I dug in my stash and grabbed out three different colors, a orange, black and black and white twine.  You could use any color twine that you have or ribbon!  I used the Petite Pennants Builder punch to make the banner.  I got this bunch when it first came out.  I was thrilled with it!!  It got moved around and went to the bottom of my punch box.  I was happy to dig it back out and give it some LOVE!!!  This is a wonderful punch!!!  You can find the pennants builder punch HERE .
I used Basic Black Cardstock to break up my patterned paper.  I like that it gave my wreath "stripes". 


I love this punch!!!!   Great for titles on scrapbook pages as well!
 

I also added some black and white polka dot ribbon to my wreath.  This ribbon was on the clearance rack recently!
 





Have you tried to make a wreath yet??!!!! Look for more seasonal wreaths to come!!!!
They are so much fun to make!!
Thanks for stopping by!
Michelle!!!

As always, all Stampin' Up items can be found at my online store 24/7 at:
 

5 comments:

  1. WOW this looks great. I can't wait to see some more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the best wreath using this technique, that I have seen to date! Great job!
    What did you use to hang it with?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used a piece of twine and tied it but that isn't my ending spot for it but my wreath hanger broke so I need to get a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely awesome! (Gaye Brittain Miller from FB Craft Therapy Group) :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...