Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Snowflake File Folder Card using the Envelope Punch Board and Clear Embossing Powder


Back to my obsession with file folder cards!!!  I used the Envelope Punch Board to make this file folder card.  I have done a tutorial on this before- just search in the box to the right hand side!!  I love these file folder cards.  I got a question one time- What exactly is a file folder card?  It is simply an A2 sized card that looks like a mini file folder.  This one has both tabs up top which is a different take on it....not sure if I like it like that but tried something different.
 

This is the inside of the card with my sentiment.  Since I stamped it in dark ink, it still shows up on a patterned background paper.  
On the front of the card, I created my own background paper using the Festive Flurry stamp set and clear embossing powder.  I stamped the snowflake in versamark ink and covered with clear embossing powder, tapped  off the excess powder and used my heat gun to set.  The smaller snow flakes were embossed using the Pool Party embossing powder.  Don't have a piece of Designer Series Paper that you want to use....create your own background!!!
 

 
What a fun unusual Christmas card!  Thanks for stopping by!
As always, all Stampin' Up items can be found in my online store 24/7 at : www.michellemcgraw.stampinup.net
Happy Crafting!!!
Michelle!!!
 

5 comments:

  1. I love the snowflakes on the file folders. I love these file folders too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, I love this folder!, love the colours and the stamps and the papers... all of it! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, i love a mix of patterned papers xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super card! I can see why you like the design so much!
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi...beautiful card! I love the file folder look as well. Where is that tiny snowflake stamp from??

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...