Wednesday, October 2, 2013

SCS Creative Crew October Challenge- A Card for your sweetest!

This challenge, out of the four for the month of October,  was the easiest for me to do.  My youngest has a birthday this month- and of course, I had to make him a birthday card!!!
I made this challenge for the October challenge:
 
CCREW1013CF, CreativeCrew, SUO or SUM--Creative Focus: Celebrate Sweetest Day (10/19) by creating a card for your Sweetest using products from the Etcetera Suite found on P 96-109 of the US Catalog.
I kinda feel like I cheated!!!  LOL!!  For me, this was a NO BRAINER!!!  I love the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set which is part of the Etcetera Suite.  This is one, if not, the BEST stamp set ever.  Seriously.  Hands down, I have inked this stamp more than any other stamp set I have ever owned!  I keep it on my work table while I craft because I use it so much!  It was almost to easy to come up with this card!  And my youngest boy is definately my sweetest!!!!
This was my card that I came up with.  I started out saying that I was using the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set, so I wanted the card to be splattered and dirty! This card is for my youngest, Jesse, and if anyone can appreciate DIRT....it is him!!!
 
A little off crafting topic, my little guy turned 7 October 1st.  The last of three boys.  Jesse was my 2.2lb preemie born at 26.5 weeks old.  He is a miracle.  God was good and watched over him for 84 days in the NICU.  We were very blessed that he was able to leave the hospital with no medicine, no monitors, with a clean bill of health!  I believe that Jesse had several Guardian Angels watching and guiding him!  He is now a 1st grader and loves trucks, playing in the dirt, riding four wheelers, and loves his ipod. 
Jesse- just a couple of hours old
 
 
Jesse- graduated to an open crib and less tubes!  Closer to coming home!
 

Isn't he handsome!!!!  My Baby!!!!

 
 My three boys!
 
Okay....back to crafting!!! :)
 
I also used the Rev Up the Fun stamp set.  I really like this set.  I tend to get all the main "boy" sets in the catalogs.  This one was on my list as soon as I saw it!   I also used Off The Grid stamp set of create the background. 

This stamp set was all about down and dirty with the motorcycle poppin' a wheelie!  
I also used Simply Stars stamp set.  There is so much in this card!!! 
Since this card had a lot of elements, I opted to keep the colors very neutral.  Have you tried the burlap ribbon from the Holiday catalog yet? I love love love this ribbon!!! 

Are you loving the new Candy dots??!!!!

Everything is poppin' up, poppin' out on this card!!!!  Love it!!!  Lots of good boy fun!!!!
 
Check out all the Creative Crew challenges at www.splitcoaststampers.com
 
 
All Stampin' Up items can be found at my online store:  www.michellemcgraw.stampinup.net
 
Thanks for stopping by!
Michelle!!!

6 comments:

  1. Love Love Love this card. Gorgeous Grunge is the best set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday from France! Your card is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love - love - love this card. I found your blog from the Crafts Galore FB page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your boys are adorable Michelle!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...