Sunday, October 6, 2013

Scrapbooking Hunting Pictures

For me, the hardest paper to use, is the paper with scenery on it or words.  I hate to cover up any part of the paper.  It makes it hard for me to use them but I am trying to get better at it. 
I had some Hunting papers that I had picked up here and there since my oldest loves to hunt.  It was time to use them up!
I really wanted to keep these layouts simple since the focus of them, my son's first doe and first buck were so special.  I wanted the focus to be the pictures themselves!  The first layout is my son's first deer that he shot- a little doe.  He was thrilled!!
 




Since this paper already had a title, I used it!  It was perfect!
 

This was Kyle's first buck!  He got this buck about a month after his doe!  It was a great deer season!
I had some of this camo paper that I had to use!  
What a nice deer!!!!  One proud boy!!!
 


 
I love this ribbon, the natural ribbon was perfect for a manly page!
 


To me, the journaling of this first hunt story was a big part of the layout.  This will be a great layout and story for years to come!



For us, hunting is a tradition.  My dad hunted, my grandfather hunted.  The tradition has passed on to my oldest.  He took a hunters safety course and passed his test!  He still hunts with an adult but he is well on his way to becoming a great hunter, with respect for animals, guns, and the environment.
Thanks for stopping by!  Hope every one's weekend is going well!
Michelle!!!  




1 comment:

  1. Way to go Kyle. I need to pull out all those little sticker letters and put them with my alphabets so that I remember to use them more.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...