Friday, October 11, 2013

File Folder Card Tutorial using the Festive Flurry Stamp set

Hello stampers!  I have gotten several requests to show the step of how to make a file folder card.  I do believe that a video shows it best but since there are several on youtube already, I did a photo tutorial for you. 
First off start with a standard a2 size card scored at the 41/4" mark.  Trim on side of the card 1/2" shorter than the other side.  


This is what your card should look like to start with.  Now we work on making our file folder tabs using the envelope punch board.  You can order the envelope punch board HERE

First you make your tab at the very top corner. Your paper should look like this- and punch!!!

See how your first side of your tab looks? Now move your paper over to the 3" mark and punch again!  It is that easy!!!  (you can move it to 31/2" or even the 4" mark if you want your tabs bigger)

Now you made your first tab.  See the picture above.  The area below that tab will be trimmed off later!
Now flip your card over and do the same thing to the other side.  The punched V marks should line up on each side if you have done it right when you fold the card back up.    
This is the part that can be confusing- you have to trim off the extra paper parts of your card.  I always start with the bigger tab side and trim off the bottom section- the side with the non rounded corner up to the V.  I will say a rotary trimmer makes this very hard, I like to use my regular blades on my trimmer for this part so I can see where I am trimming really well.
Then you trim off the extra on the opposite side- I always remember by looking at my big tab that I made and trimming off the piece that lays in front of it.  I hope that makes sense.  Your card should look like below when done. 
Turn your punch board around and use your corner rounder to round out the corners.  Now you are ready to decorate your file folder card.
 



I used the festive flurry stamp set to stamp on my card and used white embossing powder to make the snowflakes.
I finished off the card with rhinestones in the snowflakes.  I added some punched pieces of the Foil Sheets using the Chevron Border Punch .  These foil sheets come in silver and gold.  They are really nice!  They are very sturdy and easy to work with.  I added a distressed banner sentiment to my card.  

I layered some pieces of washi tape on my tab just to add some interest.
I hope this tutorial helped!  Thanks for stopping by!
Remember the $25 sign up demonstrator deal  is going on, ask me about the details!  I would love to add YOU to my Paper Zoo crew!!!!
Michelle!!!

4 comments:

  1. Great tutuorial! Love the little washi tape accent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tutorial and I just love the embossed snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really pretty and fun! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tutorial & a lovely project!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...