Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Fall Leaves Embossing Folder using a Stampin' Up blender pen plus using reinker to dye ribbon!

As everyone has seen, I have A LOT of embossing folders. 
You can see my organizing system for them all HERE .  Some of the prettiest embossing folders are the scenery ones.  But how do you use them?  I have made a snowman card using a cute one HERE.   But how to do something MORE with the folders?  I wanted to make a card and really enjoy the scene on the embossing folder.  
This is what I came up with.  And SSSOOOO easy!!!  I used a Stampin' Up Blender Pen .  These are great!!!  It was so easy to use a blender pen and "color" my embossing folder!
I took my ink pad and squeezed it together to get some ink on the lid.  With the blender pen, I picked up some ink and colored on my piece of cardstock.  When the blender pen went clear or the color was to light, I picked up more ink!!  If you need to change colors, simple wipe your blender pen on a scratch sheet of paper to make it run clear again, and dip the blender pen into more ink again!!!  So easy and simple!!  One of the BEST investments for your crafting!
I needed a piece of soft suede ribbon but I didn't have any!  I used some reinker to dye the ribbon!!  I used my heat gun to dry it! Perfect!!
 
This is a great fall card with lots of fall color!  As always, all Stampin' Up items can be found on my online store 24/7 at :  www.michellemcgraw.stampinup.net
Thanks for stopping by and take a second to Follow Me!  I love new crafting friends!
Michelle!!!


8 comments:

  1. So pretty. I love the fall colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such gorgeous work Michelle, lovely design xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! This one caught my eye because I have the same folder...have not tried a blender pen yet...even though one has been in my ink drawer for months...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this post was some time ago, but I need to ask, is that a Stampin' Up! Embossing folder? If it is, I must get one! I know it isn't in the 2014-15 ac or the newwest 2015-16 catalog, but if you could gie me the name of this folder, I can go digging online for it. I have several friends who have stopped being demos and have tons of SU items. Maybe one of them have it.
    Thank you for your help and time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is not a Stampin' Up embossing folder- Darice I think!!!

      Delete
  5. PS, the tree looks a lot like the tree from the stamp set, "Thoughts and Prayers". Was the folder part of a bundle with that stamp set at one time?
    I am still very new (16 months as a SU demo) and I am not sure of any of the bundles that are in SU's history before I became a demo in January 2013. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...