Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Creative Crew October Challenge- Witches' Brew Ornament made with the Holiday Ornament Framelits

Welcome Crafters!  This is the first Challenge for October for the SCS Creative Crew.  This challenge was:
 
CCREW1013DF, CreativeCrew, SUO or SUM -- DSP/Color Focus: Since we celebrate Halloween this month on 10/31, I had to choose Witch's Brew DSP on P 21 of the Holiday Catalog. If you don't have the DSP, use the color combo: Basic Black, Basic Gray, Pumpkin Pie, Summer Starfruit and Very Vanilla



 
For me this was a no brainer!  I wanted to make another Halloween ornament with the Holiday Ornament Framelits .  I made an ornament last year:  HERE .  These are one of the BEST framelits I owe!  I have made so many of these ornaments- for Christmas, Halloween, Fall, even Fourth of July.  These are so great!   They are a carry over item from last year's Holiday catalog, they are available online!



The Witches' Brew DSP was perfect for this project.  Last year, I stamped my ornament using Halloween colors for the ink and then used my framelits.  This year, I just used the Witches' Brew DSP
 
I used the Toil and Trouble Stamp and white craft ink.  I love white craft ink.  I find myself using it more and more.  I embossed the white craft ink with white embossing powder to make it pop even more.  
I used the new Burlap Ribbon from the Holiday catalog.  Burlap is very hot right now!  I love this size ribbon.  So pretty!!
 




Now here is my secret picture for this project.  In the past when I have used a rosette in the middle, there was always a gap do to the 3D ornaments.  I couldn't get a good fit between layers.  I used one of the plastic containers that Stampin' Up brads or button come in.  I have a ton of these containers and this was a GREAT use for one!  First of all, it filled the gap and raised my layer away from the 3D bottom layer enough so it my top layer didn't smoosh the ornaments.  It gave me a great surface to adhere my top layer to.  These containers are VERY light so it add practically no weight to the ornament!  This was a win-win solution to my problem!!  
Can you see my recycled container between the layers???
I show the back of the project to show you how it looks.  I used a large oval as my base.  You can use a circle or oval but I wanted to make this project totally different from last years!  I use my hot glue gun to put these ornaments together.  Quick and easy!
 







I really like this project!!!  It just screams FALL!!!!!  Check out the other Creative Crew projects at
Thanks for visiting!!
Michelle!!!
 
All Stampin' Up items can be found at my online store:

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I love using the little container in there what a great idea. Totally awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow is all i can say hun and i love it

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...