Thursday, October 3, 2013

Creative Crew Gaudy Gift Card Holder card


This is a gift card holder for the SCS Creative Crew's October challenge:
 
CCREW1013HF, CreativeCrew, SUO or SUM -- Holiday focus: Wear Something Gaudy Day is on 10/17. Use your gaudiest colors to create a gift card holder.

This was my hardest challenge I had to do this month.  I am not a gaudy person.  How could I create something that I deemed....gaudy= ugly???  To me, Gaudy is a lot going on, a lot of color.  I don't use tons of colors on any of my projects, so this was the perfect definition ....use TONS of color!!!!  Just remember: They asked for it!!!!

I don't do a lot of fancy cuts or folds.  For me, I enjoy the art of the card- not the folds.  But a gift card holder is simple to add to any card!  I created a pocket piece using my framelit. 


I used sticky strip along to edges to make sure it held well and adhered it to my card on the inside. 
(see the last picture for placement inside the card)
 

In keeping on my down and dirty trend this month, I threw it all at this card!  (gaudy!)
 
I used the Gorgeous Grunge and the Off the Grid stamp and used most of the Bright color family inks!  LOTS of color!!!  
I used the "flower" punch from the Itty Bitty punch set.  I think these punches are some of the best.  They are small but it adds a lot to the card.  I added a Candy dot- in bright colors- to the middle to create my flower!







Is it Gaudy enough???  I ended up kinda liking it even though this is something I would never create on my own. Fun to go WAY outside my creative box!!!
 

All items can be found at my online store:
 
Thanks for stopping by!  Check out all the Creative Crew Projects at www.splitcoaststampers.com
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Uhm WOW just WOW. Go you for going outside the box.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...