Thursday, October 24, 2013

Casing a Card- Copy and Share Everything! Stampin' Up Gorgeous Grunge Christmas Card

Are you thinking- what the heck is Casing?  Copy And Share Everything!  That's Stampin' Up's definition of it and I think that pretty much sums it up!  In crafting, we are all inspired by others.  Maybe it is a color combination someone used, maybe it is by a stamp set or project, maybe ONE element in a card or scrapbook page sets off the TICK in our minds.....we get an IDEA!!!!  This card is a CASE of another card.  Here's MY version of the card:
 
I used my favorite stamp set Gorgeous Grunge .  This stamp set is one of the 25 sets on sale this week!!!  If you don't have this stamp set, RUN!!!  It is truly one of my most used stamp sets EVER!!!  I also used the Best of Christmas Stamp set for the Santa.  I used the Designer Frames Embossing Folder .  This is a GREAT embossing folder set that often gets overlooked, but as you can see here, the frame really makes this card POP!!! I also went outside my normal comfort zone and used the colors Wild Wasabi and Rose Red as Christmas colors, I really liked how they looked together! 
 
Here is the original card for Lynda Shrimpton that I used for my CASE version:
 

Beautiful right??!!!  I loved the idea of mixing the frame with the Gorgeous Grunge set.  That was my inspiration. 


I really liked the way it turned out- a different take on a great card! 
I have another version floating around in my head again!  Have to see what I come up with next time!!!
Thanks for stopping by and visiting!  I love craft chatting so drop me a comment and FOLLOW ME!!!!
Michelle!!!
 
As always, all Stampin' Up! items can be found at my online store 24/7 at:

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, these are great! Love the frame and the splats of colour. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the use of the frame and the gorgeous grunge set

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I think I'll try to copy. Thanks so much for sharing your design.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...