Tuesday, October 8, 2013

A FUN Shaker Card Using Washi Tape and Santa's List Stamp set!

I was inspired by many of the posts coming out of Founder's Circle this year.  I saw several really fun shaker cards and had to give it a try!  So easy!!!!  And I got to use WASHI Tape!!!!!
 
You will need Washi Tape, Window Sheets, a stamp set, buttons or flat embellies, and the Itty Bitty Punch Pack. 
I stamped my stamp and sentiment on a piece of Cardstock- I used my favorite cardstock- crumb cake.  This is a layer on your base so this should be 1/4" smaller than your card base. For an A2 card, that would be 51/4" by 4".  I cut my window sheet this same size to be layered on top.

Now time to pull out that Washi tape!  I simply taped the two layers together on three sides.  I did find that it was easier to trim my edges off after I put on each side (these pictures show the edges not trimmed after each layer- I learned!!!)
To keep my Washi tape straight and flat- I layed it down on my work surface and then lifted it off and folded it over the backside.  This would not work if you work on a paper surface though. 

Tape three sides leaving one side open- it doesn't matter which side because you will be taping it up afterwards.
Now I had a pouch to add my embellies into! Sorry about the glare- those window sheets are shiney!!!!

The most important part to add is some buttons or bulky embellishments to your card.  Not only do they look great but they add a layer that the card needs.  The paper will stick to the window sheets due to static between the layers.  The buttons help to break this and make all your added "shaker" parts move around!  Great time to use up some of those older buttons or embellies laying around!

Make sure you put the buttons, embellies, and  the paper layers in your card with the side showing that you want to show!!!  Seal the other side and trim all the washi tape ends off your card layer.

Add your shaker pouch to your card base!  You have your shaker card!!!!  How much fun is that!!!???




For my card, I used some large glitter embellies that I had in my stash and I also stamped the HO3 from the A Banner Christmas stamp set and punch it out using a circle punch.  How cute are these cards??!!!
Have you tried a shaker card yet???
Thanks for stopping by- and take a minute and FOLLOW ME- I love new crafting friends!
Michelle!!!

5 comments:

  1. So cute. I've done them differently in the past but this waybis much easier. Love that santa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. I've done them differently in the past but this waybis much easier. Love that santa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg!!!! Love!! I need to dig out my window sheets and makes this! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous and I will definitely try this

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute, simple and fun! I will give it a try. I'm following you! I'm from the card-making fb group. Please pop over and follow me as well. looking forward to seeing more of your crafts!!

    La-Vie
    Follow me at C’est La-Vie Designs Unlimited, LLC

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...