Friday, October 25, 2013

3 Different versions using the same Card Base using the Best of Christmas Stamp set- Stampin' Up Christmas Cards + Stampin' Up Envelope Liners!


 
Happy Friday crafters!  I am off today to check out a new craft convention.  I have been to CKC when it came to Charlotte several times.  This one is a little different- a mix of things.  Have to see what we think of it!  I'll be sure to take some pictures to share!!!!
Today I am sharing three different Christmas cards using the same card base.  I used this base for another card previously.  My idea was that I was going to make several of my previous card so I did about 20 of the bases.  As they sat on my crafting table, I got other ideas.  This is what I came up with!  

I really like the pop of glimmer paper again the washi tape.  Washi tape is an easy way to add a ribbon like  element to the card.  And let's face it, I just love washi tape!!! 
 
 
The washi tape is the Style of the Season Washi tape bundle
I used the new Christmas Ornament Punch .  I resisted getting this punch until I saw it punched in glimmer paper.....how pretty!!!  Okay, I knew I wouldn't hold off for long since I love punches.  I am having fun playing with this punch.  I didn't get the stamp set that matches yet, but it is next on my list!  I used the Best of Christmas stamp set which has an ornament stamp that cordinates with it. 

This is version 2.  I kept the same base- and used washi tape again and some more glimmer paper!  For this set, I used the Best of December stamp set .  I used two sets of framelits one this card: Festive Flurry framelits .  These framelits are great with the stamps or without!  I also used one of the Apothecary Accents Framelits .  I really love that set!  I use it a lot in my crafting! 

This is version number 3.  Embossed banners on velum!!!  Yes please!!!!  
I used the Envelope Liner Framelits on my envelopes.  I used up some old Designer Series Paper for the liners.  Giving the paper new life!!! 
I love that the cards look different! It was fun to play! 
We have some nice fall activities planned this weekend.  The younger boys have a soccer game and celebration, then we are off to a Fall Festival at school and then an after party with my middle schooler.....and then we might be going as a group to some Haunted Trails.  I LOVE October activities!!!!!!  I hope I can get some crafting done at some point! 
As always, all Stampin' Up items can be found at my online store 24/7 at:  www.michellemcgraw.stampinup.net
Thanks for visiting!  I appreciate all my crafting friends!

5 comments:

  1. All great cards. A great base to start with

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice cards - love the base you started on, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards, love SU papers and stamps! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great set of cards! I love that although similar, they are all very different!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow gorgeous cards, so well designed lovely detail xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...