Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Stampin' Up Tape It- Make your own Washi tape! One layer Halloween Card


 
As a card maker, we all have our struggles.  For me, I still struggle with SIMPLE.  One layer cards are  hard for me....normally.  The Stampin' Up Tape It stamp set is wonderful- and wonderfully EASY to make a simple card!
 
 
 I love making my own Washi tape with this stamp set!  Change the color of ink and you have a totally different card!  Washi tape is very hot right now!  I can't keep up with all the different colors and prints.  But I find myself "needing" a certain color for a card.  This stamp set is perfect for that!  You can also easily cut out the stamped tape images and use some dimensionals to add some movement to your card.
 

 
I also used my favorite stamp set: Gorgeous Gunge .  The crow came from the Toil and Trouble stamp set from the Holiday catalog.  Easy and Simple, right? I used Crushed Curry, Tangerine Tango and Basic black ink.
 


 
Remember that I said you can change the ink with the tape it set and change the whole look of the card?
 
 
Using the same tape it stamp set- I changed the colors to Real Red, Gumball green and used the new Gold Metallic Encore Ink Pad .  Notice that I still used the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set here as well.  I always use caution when stamping with this set.  Just a hint, Red ink can give you an interesting look!!  (think a GREAT blood splattered Halloween card!!!) 
 
I love stamp sets that I can get a lot of mileage out of, by simply changing the ink, I have a whole different card!  I love the little bit of metallic glimmer that the gold ink adds!  I did find when stamping on the whispering white cardstock, I needed to heat set the metallic ink because the whispering white cardstock is so slick.  This was an easy quick fix! 


Thanks for stopping by today! What craft projects are you working on?  Anyone DONE with all their Christmas cards yet??!!! 
Michelle!!!
 

5 comments:

  1. Love love love the Halloween Card. It looks like it has so much depth for it to be a single layer card. What a great card to mail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ink splatters are a stamp set!? I may need to get that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are: Gorgeous Grunge! It literally sits on my desk as I work! Perfect ink splatters everytime! I love it!!!! Thanks for stopping by!!!

      Delete
  3. Oh wow! A way to make your own washi tape?! SO very cool!
    Loving all your cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stamp set makes easy work of it!!! Love it!!! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...