Thursday, September 12, 2013

Stampin' Up Edgelits - Making a Christmas Card with the Magnetic Platform!


 
I have shared myFile Folder Christmas card Part 1 and  File Folder Christmas card- part 2 .  While making those cards, I did a variation using the Large Scalloped Edgelit to make the edge of the front panel.  I liked the peek a boo layer of Designer Series paper showing through to the front of the card. 
 
large scalloped edgelit
 
 
I have to say when I first got my edgelit, I kinda thought it was ho-hum.  I liked the look- a great option for me instead of a bulky punch.  But....the edgelit moved often on me when I was cutting.  It was hit or miss when I ran it through the big shot.  (I am sure this is more user error on my part!)
The magnetic platform changed all that!  I LOVE the edgelits now!  (I even ordered the other two sets that I didn't have!)  The magnetic platform keeps the edgelit in place and gets me a GREAT cut every time.
I have done other posts on how much I love the magnetic platform:
 
The magnetic platform was such a hit: it was on backorder and eventually Stampin' Up turned off the number so they could fulfill backorder amounts.  Great news!!!  As of today, September 12, the magnetic platform is now available again to all customers!
  Grab it while you can!  This is a HOT HOT item!!  I have used my magnetic platform for EVERY project I have done lately!  I love it!!



What a fun card!!  I think the possibilities are opening up and I plan on using these a lot more!!! 
All items can be found at my online store:
 
Check out the new updates to the Clearance rack!!!!
Thanks for all the visits and comments!  I enjoy new crafting friends!  Thank you!!!
Michelle!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...