Tuesday, September 24, 2013

My Paper Pumpkin Kit September 2013- Using for Scrapbooking

I have enjoyed getting my orange box in the mail each month- My Paper Pumpkin kit!  The kit has varied each month.  Everything you need to create the month's project is included in the box- except for adhesive.  
September's kit is called Wahoo!  As you can see, it got it's name from the stamp set that is included.  There are two stamps, one that says WaHoo! and one that says You Did It!  I am loving these stamps!  I have found that the MPP kits have been a little bit edgier which I love!!  I can see me using these stamps a LOT!!!  You can see the kit included and the front of the kit has a picture of the finished project, there are directions inside as well.

Everything is in the kit, to make the project shown.  I love to think outside the box- what other types of projects can I do with the kit??  This month, I chose to do a scrapbook layout.
 

For me, this stamp was perfect for a birthday picture that I had of my youngest son, Jesse.  The title : Wahoo!  Jesse is 2!  was perfect!!!  I used items inside the kit, and stepped it up with some other Stampin' Up stamps, inks, washi tape and paper.  The only item that is not Stampin' Up is the ribbon right underneath the photo and at the top left of the page and the Alpha stickers that say Jesse is.  The number 2 was stamped using Morning Post Stamp set.  The ribbon was actually a ribbon frame that I had in my scrapbooking stash.  I find them very hard to use, so I clipped it with my scissors and made it into a ribbon.  
I used the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set to add some detail to the background. 
Washi tape!!!   This is the Stampin' Up washi tape from the Holiday catalog.  I used the colors Old Olive, Midnight Muse, Crumb Cake, and Crajun Craze.  
I used one of the doilies and inked it to match my layout.
 



 
Look at that smile!!!  I love those curls!!  I miss my little guy...he's getting so big on me now.  Just a couple more days and he will be 7!!!!  Where has the time gone? 
I love using the kits in other ways.  I still have more left in my kit to create more!
Have you tried My Paper Pumpkin?  Sign up at the link at the top right of my blog! 
Thanks for visiting!
Michelle!!!

3 comments:

  1. Love that you cut out the circle! Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww time does fly and i miss my children being children :( but I am happy they have turned out to be very nice adults . fabulous design on you scrap page . I love this

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic use of your kit! I love the conents too!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...