Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Left over scraps- Making a File Folder card!

Yesterday I shared my File Folder Christmas Cards .  I am in LOVE with these file folder cards!!!  Seriously!  I am not sure that I am ever going to make any other card again!! :) 
When I started my original cards, I made one card.  Then I made the rest of the card batch in steps.  I must have counted wrong because I ended up with an extra embossed Old Olive layer.  I also had these cute little cut outs from the Christmas tree framelits  left over.   I hated to throw them away- don't all crafters HATE to throw stuff away!!!  I had to find a use for them.  I decided to make another file folder card with my leftovers!!  This is what I came up with:
 

I love crumb cake as a card base. It is always my go to base color.   Since I had such a major layer left over- the card colors are the same.  I love the polka dot washi tape!  Have you used the new Stampin' Up Washi tape yet?  Love it!!!
I loved the little trees cut out so I blinged, I am pretty sure that's not a word, them up with some rhinestones!  I colored the center rhinestones with a marker.

For this card, I wanted to have a horizontal file folder card.  Cute huh??!!!! There are so many ways you can make the file folder card.  You can make a pocket file folder card- look for that in an upcoming blog post!!  For left overs, I think this card was pretty cute!  I love finding a use for scraps!!!
Have you tried making a file folder card yet?  With the new Envelope Punch Board they are super easy to make!!!  I didn't make this blog post a tutorial because honestly there are some wonderful videos on youtube that show the steps SSSSOOOO much better than I could with pictures!!!  Give them  a try!  They are really fun!!!
Thanks for stopping by and visiting!  I really appreciate all the visits and followers!  Crafting friends are the best!!!
Michelle!!!

All items are Stampin' Up and can be found at my online store: www.michellemcgraw.stampinup.net

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...