Thursday, September 19, 2013

Hexagon, Chevron punch, File Folder, Washi tape, Christmas Card- yes ALL that!!!!!!

Are you tired of file folder cards yet?  I'm not!!!!  I love them!  
I played around with this version of the  file folder card.  I trimmed the front of the card down more than the 1/2" I normally do.  For this card ,I went and inch and a half.  Just fun!!!  I embossed the front of the card using the honeycomb embossing folder .  This is one of my favorite embossing folders.  I also used the Six Sided Sampler stamp set and Hexagon Punch Bundle .  I wanted to use a "non" Christmas stamp set for this card.  I have lots of Christmas stamps, current and retired. But it was more fun for me to be creative with this card and think outside my Christmas box of toys!
I used my favorite color combo:  cherry cobbler, old olive, and crumb cake.  I also used the new Gold Metallic Encore ink pad .  I love this gold pad.  It is hard to see in the photo but it has a great shimmer to it.  I did not need to heat set this on the crumb cake but I have found that I need to heat set the gold ink on the whispering white cardstock since the WW cardstock is very slick.  A quick extra step that works like a charm!  

 




 
I really like this card!  I love the chevron punch- I think it adds a little pop to the card!  Lots of fun to play and think outside the box!  Have you tried the new file folder cards using the Envelope Punch Board ? 
Thanks for stopping by!  Take a second and Follow me, I love new crafting friends!
Michelle!!!
 
All Stampin' Up items can be found at my online store:
 

5 comments:

  1. Cute card ! I must have missed a post somewhere. How do you use the envelope punch board to make file folder cards?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never did a tutorial on this because a wonderful fellow demo Patti,
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaGZz1SJ5mE , did a great video showing it. This is one technique that I think works really well in a video, harder to show in pictures only. Since there were already several great videos showing it, I find Patti's to be easy to follow and shows it well, I chose not to do a tutorial of it. It is so much fun!!! I love finding more uses for a crafting tool!!!!

      Delete
  2. Ooooo I love that color combo. White on natural is my fav. I think I really "need" one of those new file folder punch thingies! ;) Thanks for sharing!


    www.cardmakingartists.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gold and White polkadots: is that what you embossed with the encore or is that DSP?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...