Monday, September 9, 2013

File Folder Christmas Cards Using the Envelope Punch Board

I love new tools!  Even better, when a new tool has multiple uses!!!
 
Of course the new Envelope Punch Board makes envelopes!   Use up some of your Designer Series Paper and makes envies in any size you need!  GREAT right??  What makes it better?  Other projects!!!  I can't say that I came up with this, I found the file folder cards from a very talented demo at: http://www.pattystamps.typepad.com/pattys_stamping_spot/2013/09/file-folder-technique-cards-video-tutorial.html
Thank you Patty!!!  These are AWESOME!!!  I spend all weekend making file folder cards!  I am telling you, I think it is my favorite type of card of ALL time!!!!  Seriously!!!!  I wonder if I will ever make another plain card!!!!  LOL!!
 

 
This is my first batch of Christmas card!  I think all my cards this year will be file folder cards!!  I love that the DSP peeks out of the side on the file tab!

This was a great project to dig out my Keepsake Ornament Framelits .  These are still available at my online store.  These are on the carry over list.  I am so glad because they are the best framelits! 
 


These cards were a great way to use up some older brads that I had left.  I also used the Delicate Designs Embossing Folder to add some texture.  I embossed the "snow" using Whispering White Craft Ink with White Embossing Powder .  I also used the Stampin' Up Season of Style Washi tape .  I have to say this red polka dot one is my FAV!!!!

Here is a variation I did using some twine and a button and also digging out some old framelits from last season!




I am so hooked on these cards!  They are a lot of fun!  Check out Patty's video- she shows all the steps to make the cards!  Super easy and so much fun!!! 
Thanks for stopping by and visiting!  I have enjoyed reading the comments and talking with all my crafting friends! 
Michelle!!!



6 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...