Monday, September 2, 2013

Creative crew- New to me Fold using Thinlets!

This card was made for the Creative Crew September 2013 challenge.  It is a catalog focus challenge using any stamp set from the current catalog from pages 111-119.  Also, make a project in a "new to you" by using a technique you've never used before.    Also using at least two of the color focus colors: crushed curry, coastal cabana, smokey slate or whispering white. 
I have to say I was thrilled to see the new thinlets coming to Stampin' Up.  Cards with hard folds are just not my thing.  But the thinlets makes a great looking card, fancy fold, easy as pie!!!

For this card, I used the Label Thinlets set .  I couldn't wait to try these out!  This was the perfect challenge for me to play!!

This is a large set but it still fits in my storage system.  All the little pieces come with the set!! 

I started off using a piece of DSP from the Eastern Elegance Designer Series Paper .  I would never use DSP as a base in a normal card.   I don't find DSP to be heavy enough to hold up a normal card's weight.   But for this fold, it works great!  It is a great way to use up some of your DSP you have sticking around!  I put my DSP on my magnetic platform and ran it through my Big Shot .  The thinlet die scores and cuts the paper!  All the work is done for you!  You simple take the paper out and fold on the score lines!  How easy is that!!!
For my card I wanted to break up my DSP pattern a bit so I ran a piece of Coastal Cabana cardstock through my Big Shot to cut the side piece.  This part takes a little fussy cutting.  The thinlet scores on one line instead of cutting (where the card would normal fold), so I ran the piece through my big shot and then used my snips to trim the piece on the score lines.

Then I wanted to break up the solid side a bit more. 

This was a great time to dig out my Scalloped Edgelit die .  I cut pieces of DSP out and added them to my card and just trimmed off the ends to fit the length of my card. 

This card was so easy to put together!  I used the Friendship Preserves Stamp Set for my sentiment.  The hello is so pretty!

I added a little twine to the side of my card. 



Now when I open up the card, you can see the back of the label.  I left it blank so I can add a small note.  I also added a cut out of the arrow included in the set.  You can't see this from the front of the card so it is a little surprise when you open!  I love negative space on cards!

The magnetic platform made cutting this out really easy.  I was able to position it on my platform exactly where I wanted the arrow to cut out.




The new Envelope Liner Framelits helped finish the card with a nice matching insert for my envie!  I love how fancy this card looks and it was ssssssooooo easy!!!  The new thinlets are a hit with me!!! 
Michelle

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...